Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

[HP Prime] GROB resources: A1R5G5B5 pictures.

HP Recommended
HP Prime
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Please, a little help with GROBs.

I'd like to place a 100x100 pixels logo on the graphic screen in HP PPL and I'm stuck in the point where I'm supposed to place the A1R5G5B5 list.

I've already saved my picture as a X1R5G5B5 .bmp file. But now, how could I have it as a 16bit chars list?

In older discussions over the net I found apps like "DIMGROB Generator" or "GraphicCreate". Are there such resources available for Mac OS?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro Bruno.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would not use direct loading of grobs using ICON keyword. It is much better to make your program into an app and use PNG files directly. That was always meant to be a stopgap and there are much better methods now.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim

I've already figured out that ICON might be outdated, since it works but there's nothing about it in recent manuals. I assume it's still there to keep old programs working, but it's not meant to be used in new developments.

You tell about making my program into an app. I can see through HP Connectivity kit that an app is a bundle of things that include files.

Could you please point me toward the steps to make an app? How to build the structure of an app? How to include files?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ciro Bruno.

0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim

I didn't even give you enough time to answer about app, but I've already found enough information in the Internet.

It's rather simple to create an app from scratch (I mean without using an native App as support). The embedded idle program template is awesome. By giving tips about the program capabilities, it guides the user how to proceed. Very good job!

I've used AFiles() to place a .png into a GROB. Is this the best way? Would you recommend something else?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro Bruno.

0 Kudos
Stefan_Wolfrum
Level 2
29 17 1 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Ciro,

can you point me to that "idle program template" you're mentioning?

Thx!

Stefan.

0 Kudos
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Start from any App you want (Function is the default, Lots of people use the Triangle solver of the Explorer because they are the smallest apps).

Make a copy of it, and "start" the app.

Then go to program catalog and edit the app program (on the top of the list). If the app program is empty, it should auto load with the app template program and all should be OK. If not empty, clear it and try again....

To change your app icon, create a 32*32 (from memory) png file called icon.png and bundle it with your app.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
Stefan_Wolfrum
Level 2
29 17 1 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Cyrille,

thanks a lot. I see that in newer firmwares it‘s possible to „Save“ an existing app as a totally blank (but with commented function templates!) new app by selecting „None“ as the Base App! That‘s cool and helps.

Thanks,

Stefan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation