Did you mean: 
gate95
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Prime Gen 1 Wont' Pass x^2+y^2 = 1 after flashing new and old firmware

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I believe mine has the A Revision because of the way the keypad looks and the serial number also starts with a 3. I've tried everything I could think of, but someone here might have a better suggestion. The calculator let me boot to the download mode (V16 for mine), and even let me flash both old and new firmwares. I have tried literally all the firmwares I could find on https://www.educalc.net/2336439.page, and latest one as well. I did the flashing without the battery installed (Samsung S3 battery), and with the battery installed. Every time the flash is a success. It goes through 3 blue bars, but it just will not boot pass  x^2+y^2 = 1 screen after the flash is complete. Depending on the firmware version, it sometimes sits on  x^2+y^2 = 1 screen, and sometimes just keep restarting in loop. I did format the disk every time before flashing a new firmware by going to the CFO menu, but nothing seems to work. I came to the conclusion that something must be wrong with the hardware, as that is the only explanation that would make sense to me at this point. I really wish parts for this calculator, such as the motherboard were available to buy. Any suggestion is certainly welcome, and thank you for taking the time to read this post!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation