Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

[HP Prime] HP Connectivity Kit can't edit calculator's apps.

HP Recommended
HP Prime
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Good Evening

I've been trying to edit a small SpreadSheet I'm customizing for a specific use.

When I open it in HP Connectivity Kit, the table doesn't match the one in the calculator. Moreover the associated program appears empty. Please take a look at the attached pictures.

What might there be happening?

Captura de Tela 2018-09-07 às 21.59.57.png

Captura de Tela 2018-09-07 às 22.02.09.png

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ciro_Bruno :

You can see, the answer of Cyrille Brebisson (HP Employee) and member HP PRIME design, from ... https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android/IMPORT-EXPORT-TO-FROM-SPREADSHEET/td-p/6258866

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Maké.

Please what's the relation between my question and the post you mention?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ciro_Bruno :

Excuse me, but the images disappear's in the post's. IMHO any problem with site. In Spanish Forum didn't success. 

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Both of these are expected behaviors. The spreadsheet editor in the connkit is more basic and not a fully functional spreadsheet. It will show forumulas or saved data, but does not do live evaluation or show formatting.

The program on the calcualtor is the default "template". Since you haven't edited or changed it, it won't saved anything to disk.

Modify the program and it should show up in the tab.

If you'd like to fully edit spreadsheets on the computer, I'd recommend editing them in a virtual calculator, and then use the SEND button in the apps screen to send it to your calculator.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are ok with it, please send your spreadsheet app as saved from the connectivity kit to calchelp @ hp dot com email. I'd like to get the file to ensure that there really isn't a problem. I would have expected the spreadsheet editor to show a bit more then what you are seeing.

I assume the connkit and the calculator are both the same version?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tim_Wessman wrote:

Both of these are expected behaviors. The spreadsheet editor in the connkit is more basic and not a fully functional spreadsheet. It will show forumulas or saved data, but does not do live evaluation or show formatting.

That's ok. It makes part of software evolution.

@Tim_Wessman wrote:

The program on the calcualtor is the default "template". Since you haven't edited or changed it, it won't saved anything to disk.

Modify the program and it should show up in the tab.

Ok. I've edited and saved. It has worked fine. But I lost the original program, the default "template". Then I've tested editing in connkit and saving as well as editing in calculator and updating in connkit. Both ways are working propperly.

Captura de Tela 2018-09-08 às 09.54.34.png

@Tim_Wessman wrote: 

If you'd like to fully edit spreadsheets on the computer, I'd recommend editing them in a virtual calculator, and then use the SEND button in the apps screen to send it to your calculator.

My virtual calculator isn't working. It doesn't open and I haven't figured out why yet.

Captura de Tela 2018-09-08 às 10.00.32.png

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tim_Wessman wrote:

@IF you are ok with it, please send your spreadsheet app as saved from the connectivity kit to calchelp @ hp dot com email. I'd like to get the file to ensure that there really isn't a problem. I would have expected the spreadsheet editor to show a bit more then what you are seeing.

Just sent.

@Tim_Wessman wrote:

I assume the connkit and the calculator are both the same version?

Yes, They are. Yesterday I've transfered the last update to the calculator again, just in case.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ciro_Bruno : 

Check this example, for configure your spreadsheet before copy, in Spanish Language ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7O_iA7rGuo

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Maké

Thank you for your attention.

However, again I don't understand how this video migh help. Please take a look and you'll see:

1) I'm not using MS Excel at all!

2) I'm not using Virtual Calculator because mine isn't running.

3) I'm using HP Connectivity kit.

4) I don't wanna copy anything from a computer's environment to the calculator.

5) I want to edit my spreadsheet and its respective program from the computer, just to have more comforable typing. Just that.

Moreover, I've never learned Spanish, I don't understand it right! I live in Brazil and here we speak Portuguese. I've been living in Germany and United States, thus I've learned quite good German and English. So, I'd kindly ask you to link me videos in English or German when you find something that regards my demand.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation