OliverD Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 11 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Prime : HP Connectivity Kit does not recognize Prime Calculator

Hi there,

in the meantime I was still trying things out....

So, just for the sake of information I will let you know, how (not) far I got:

I was in- and deinstalling the connectivity kit from various source I have been given above....

> so the best what happened, that when I plug it into the other USB port (I have only 2 with 3.0)

that indeed a message appears: HP Prime is being configured....     (yeaaahh, yeeeaaaahhh!!!!!)

but instead of the normal message after that one which should be : HP Prime is ready for use

I get the message : USB Device not recognized.....   and then I have the very unfriendly 

yellow triangle (!) in my device manager which indicates the error.....    so basically I'm stuck here

> I also tried to deactivate the USB 3.0  protocol and switch to 2.0 in my firmware.....but with my Asus Zenbook 

that's unfortunately not possible as it only has 3.0 ....so I can only deactivate it completely.....

The main problem is that it can't find an adequate device descriptior to recognize it as a Human Interface Device (HID)

> and so it results in a driver problem......

So, for now I don't see any promising way for other experiments.....and so I give it up......for now....

> in case there are USB driver updates i will try again.....but for now.....I'm finished

greetz to all and if someone has some idea.....let me know....

oliver

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation