Magnus512
Level 3
55 34 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Prime Home and CAS Settings

HP Recommended
HP Prime

Ok, I have a doubt, we have separte settings for Home and CAS mode in the HP Prime, but when I am in Home if I select the number format to Engineering and in the CAS mode I choose another number format the CAS format doesn't even matter, the number format still in Engineering, also the number of decimal poitns cant be choosen individually, everything is refered to the home settings even the  angles, what is the point of this? Is this a bug ? Can you fix this in order to work in separate ways ? It could be great, finally we don't have binary integers in CAS mode settings

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Joe_Horn
Level 8
650 635 124 222
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The CAS Settings "Number Format", "Number of Digits" and "Integers" are currently not used by the Prime. These settings MIGHT be implemented in some future firmware update, but no plans to do so have ever been announced, so don't hold your breath. In any case, don't bother with them now, since they currently do nothing.  Use Home Settings to control your number format, number of digits, and binary integer base and word size.

Likewise, binary integers MIGHT be implemented in CAS some day. Meanwhile, use Home for binary integer work.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation