2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime Mobile App won't delete custom apps

HP Recommended
HP Prime Mobile App
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Pressing "Delete" in the App menu won't delete a customized app that was accidentally cloned from Linear Solver. It will appear to have been removed or deleted from the App screen, but after closing the calculator by any method and reopening the app reappears.  Version 1.1.7, Android 7.0.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, Imota:

Welcome, to Forum!. :generic:

I have HP Slate 21 k-100 AIO, with Android 4.4.2, purchase the HP PRIME Emulator and Create and Delete customized Apk and Exit. When run, the HP PRIME, the Apk disapper.

You can remove, the Emulator and Install newsly. Too, you can erase from Applications the Caché memory or HP PRIME

The Software Version, of HP PRIME, is ... 2015/07/28 (8151).

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the report. I'll make sure the update when/if there is one is checked for that.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Imota
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

yes, in android app settings deleting program data / cache worked, wipes everything.

0 Kudos
Jan_D
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Imota wrote:

yes, in android app settings deleting program data / cache worked, wipes everything.

I have the same problem with Android 4.4.2 but had not noticed it yet.

What I did notice however was, that in cases of crashes, in which I lost all memory, the custom apps were the only apps which kept their memory. All other apps were reset to default. Also the memory of Home view and CAS got lost.

So it has also an advantage that these apps can not be deleted.

I hardly consider deleting program data as a solution because it probably wipes also your programs, memory, the content of all other apps and variables.

You can do the same thing when you tap the little menu button at the upper left side of the screen.

When you choose calculator - reset, everything is reset to default.

I once wanted to test what it did and without a warning it removed all my programs and the rest.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation