cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeBerube
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Prime, Monospace font for Hexadecimal integers?

HP Recommended

Hi,

After 25 years, my 48G is starting to have issues with the on button and the foam used as a battery spring has lost most of its springyness, so I recently bought the Prime.  Very different animal, but I think I can get used to it (25 years of muscle memory doesn't go away overnight though :generic:)

On to my question.  I see that HP has made all the numbers in the display font (home mode) as monospace, which is nice.  However the letters are proportional spaced.  This makes for very odd alignment when looking at several Hex numbers on the stack after making calculations and comparing results.

Is there any way to remedy this?  Can a separate font be used for integers?

I don' t have a screengrab to show but I can demonstrate it here:

#11FE7000

#CCCCCCCC

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is not this option currently.... it is an interesting thought however. I'll have to think about how or if this could be included.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
MikeBerube
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking this under consideration.  I hope it is reasonably easy to implement and that your product management people see the value in it.  I work in development and understand there are no guarantees.

Mike

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation