Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Prime Rounding issue

[ Edited ]
Product Name: hp prime

0,0042*0,0035 gives you 0,00001 which is not accurate enought!! when you copy paste the answer, then there is accurate answer 0,0000147 but it is annoying to have to do this every time to be sure. Do I have my settings off or what??

I think I have the newest software updates.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Prime Rounding issue

Hello,

You need to check your settings.

Number settings can be found in 2 places:

- The App symbolic seting page which is a per-app override of system settings (shoft symb). Make sure that these indicate "System" for the number format.

- The system settings (shift home). Put the number format to "Standard".

Cyrille

View solution in context
Top Student
Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)

for some reason that issue occurs only when there is (Function) app on the "backround" while you work on HOME or CAS mode... dont know why... with others it works fine.

Teacher
Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

Hello,

You need to check your settings.

Number settings can be found in 2 places:

- The App symbolic seting page which is a per-app override of system settings (shoft symb). Make sure that these indicate "System" for the number format.

- The system settings (shift home). Put the number format to "Standard".

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)

Thanks Smiley Happy
I got it working yesterday by doing just about what you were saying. Setting of symb, plot and num was set to factory settings by shift esc command. Made more sense after that. Dont know when I have changed those settings Smiley Happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation