Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

As said in my other answer: this did the trick. Lost all my data, but that wasn't a problem (this time).

I'm sorry; I don't know that I did anything special. I turned it off, took it home from work, and started it again. And then the error was there "out of the blue".

HP Recommended

Hi!, Aasmund:

Try again, with procedure and Format Disk C.

In the ultimate step, you must see ...

FLASH UTILITY                                

1.Boot&Bios CheckSum

2.N-Flash INFO

3.Format Disk C                                                        OK

Now, you needed Exit, to return, to principal screen of EA656 DIAGNOSTIC. Use ESC key.

Then, you needed Warmstart. Use ... 9.RESET

With you finger, press in 9.RESET and highlights. Press, now ENTER key.

Now you needed, configure language, time, date, etc ..., what you use.

HP Recommended

Hi Tim,

I'd like to reformat my Prime, since it's doing some weird things, but no matter how I try, I cannot access the Diagnostics Mode. I've tried all the methods explained here to no avail. (I've tried pressing On, On-Apps, On-Symb or resetting while pressing F-C-O to no avail).

Resetting while pressing backspace did get me out of some major trouble (Apps-resetting).

(as for the "weird" things the calc is doing: any expression entered in the CAS reboots the machine)

--Javier Goizueta

HP Recommended

You might be releasing the C+F+O keys too soon... or using the zero key instead of the O key.

Here are a few more ways of doing it:

Method 1: Turn off. Press and hold down C and F and O. Press On without releasing C, F, O.  After a few seconds, the diagnostic will appear.  THEN release C, F, O.

Method 2: On or off: Press and hold down C and F and O. Poke a paperclip into the reset hole in the back.  Don't release C, F, O until the diagnostic appears.

I hope one of these works for you!

-Joe-
HP Recommended

Hi Joe, thanks for the details. I began worrying I wasn't able to follow such simple instructions...

but finally I updated the firmware from http://www.educalc.net/2336439.page an sanity has been restored: everything is fine again with my Prime.  Now I can enter diagnostics mode at will!

The problems started when I tried and failed to update the firmware with the connectivity kit in a Mac running Windows on a Parallels virtual machine.

HP Recommended

Hi!, all:

This are, the instruction for Update, HP RIME GRAPHING CALCULATOR.

Note: (button on back), is for use, with the paperclip.

Oficial.JPG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.