Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
29 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Prime Spreadsheet Insert Row

HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suppose I have data in A1, A2, A3, ..., A7. Suppose I then have calculations being performed on that data in A8, A9, A10, ... A15. Finally, suppose I realize I forgot a piece of data, so I need to insert a new row above A8 so that all the calculations are moved down 1 row. So that I now have data in A1, A2, A3, ..., A8. And my calculations are now in A9, A10, A11, ..., A16.

How can I do that? It's such a standard thing in Excel/Google Sheets, and I do it all the time, but I can't find anyway to do this on the HP Prime. (Note: I do not want to just add my new piece of data to B1 or something like that. That is not a solution.)

Also, CUT/PASTE doesn't seem to work at all. So that's not an option either as far as moving cells goes.

5 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3185 144 449
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try, from ... http://edspi31415.blogspot.com/2015/09/hp-prime-spreadsheet-app-tutorial-6-row.html

Row&Col.jpg

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
111 5 11
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Blixel

You should first select all lines from the one where you'd like to place a new line on. Then copy (Shift+View) all that, place the cursor one line below and paste your selection. Go back and select the dupplicated line. As you delete this line content, you'll have it free for using.

If you need some more help, please contact us again.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro Bruno.

Intern
Intern
29 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make ... What does any of this rambling nonsense have to do with inserting a row?

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
29 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Bruno. I'm really hoping to figure out how to do these things from within the HP Connectivity Kit. It is a million times more convenient to build the Spreadsheet on my computer, and then USE it on the calculator.

COPY/PASTE from within the HP Connectivity Kit doesn't seem to work at all. Is there some secret to using the HP Connectivity Kit? Or is it totally useless?

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
111 5 11
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Blixel

You're right. Nevertheless, I've seen a significant improvement in HP Connectivity Kit during the last 18 months, as well as in the HP Prime FW and SW themselves. Spreadsheet is an example of App which has been improved since the last version.

I guess there are new improvements in the oven. I think it makes part of the product development process.

I have in mind that the major advantage of such powerfull device is the portability, I mean the device itself. The possibility of preparing customized solutions for every day use is the most important part. The Connectivity Kit is a tool for helping us during development tasks, but it might not be ment to interface the calculator to work like a desktop device. I agree it could do it better, but it looks like it's just a matter of time to have new improvements.

By getting used to the calculator itself, the keyboard will become progressively more comfortable. This is natural. Nowadays I use the Connectivity Kit mostly for typing programs and gathering screenshots for presentations and classes.

Enjoy it...

Regards,

Ciro.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation