Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Prime Statistics Frequency

HP Prime G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having trouble understanding how to use the statistics app on my HP Prime. I have a set of discrete data. 4 data points with varying frequency. I'm trying to find the standard deviation of this data set. I'm aware that I can find the standard deviation by inputting every data point into one column and looking at the 'Stats' menu.

I have 4 data points (D1) with frequency (D2) shown below. When I click 'Stats' I simply get the statistics for D1. How do I make D2 the frequency of D1?

bruh moment.png

buhrmoment 2.PNG

Thanks,

Bryan

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8
534 521 92 167
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Press the Symb key. In the first box (as indicated by the "hint" displayed at the bottom of the screen) enter the name of the independent column, usually D1.  In the second box (see its hint), enter the frequency column (e.g. D2).  Now press Num, Stats.  The "Stats" will be calculated using that column as the frequencies (AKA weights) of the data column.

Hope that helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
BryanKim
Level 1
8 3 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you! That works perfectly. You're a god Joe Horn.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation