Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 1 of 33
Flag Post

Solved!

[HP Prime] Virtual Calculator stops openning.

HP Recommended
HP Prime Virtual Calculator Mac
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HP Prime Virtual Calculator has stopped opening, just out of the blue!

Captura de Tela 2018-08-23 às 01.15.06.png

It has been working fine until yesterday. Nothing has been changed in my computer!

Please help!

Thanks.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ciro_Bruno :

See ... http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-11097.html

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 3 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Maké

Thank you for answering. But I couldn't figure out what's the answer itself.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Move/rename your <Documents>/HP Prime folder somewhere else and try again. If that doesn't work, install it again. Once you are sure it is working again, move your files back.

I have never seen nor heard of this before.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 5 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim

Thank you. I've tried, but it still doesn't work. I've also brought the folder  from my backup and it didn't work as well! 

Remember that in Mac OS, installation is just a matter of copying the app file into Applications folder.

Does it save any running time initialization file elsewhere?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 6 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm well aware how it works on a Mac since that is the only type of machine I use. My official HP work machine is a Mac since I am the one primarily repsonsible for the cross platform versions of Prime on iOS, Android, Mac, etc. 🙂

I meant remove the application, download/open your dmg again, and place it one more time.

This is not an error message in the HP Prime software anywhere so it is either coming from the underlying QT5 libraries, or the OS.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 7 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim. Good Morning.

Congratulations for being able to use  a Mac machine inside a corporation surounded by PC machines!

I've just downloaded it again (https://www.hpcalc.org/details/7799), and replaced the old one. The problem persists.

I'm wondering if there has been any silent automatic update in some other application which may have affected something in the OS, such as Java.

I'm wondering also if there could have been some interference from HP Connectivity Kit in a Windows 10 Virtual Machine, running under Parallels. I've used this app recently to instructo coleagues who bought their calculators last week. By means of Parallels, virtual machine is not supposed to interfere on Mac OS itself. Just reporting.

Is there something I should check?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 8 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks at your console logs or something. I have no other recommendation apart from turning it all the way off, and powering it back on.

TW

0 Kudos
Ciro_Bruno
Author
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 9 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Tim, good Morning.

I've tried deleting Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator, turning computer off and on, reinstalling Virtual Calculator only. Doesn't work. Then I've installed Connectivity Kit and tried Virtual Calculator again. Nothing changes.

You told about the console. I haven't found any log concerning Virtual Calculator. Do you have something more specific on this matter?

Thank you.

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 10 of 33
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ciro_Bruno :

For install the new software in your notebook Mac, you must delete all previous software, firmware, Virtual Emulator, Connectivity Kit and include all vestige installed.

Download the new version, only from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation