Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I use 'undo' on my HP-50g often for a mistaken operation on my RPN stack.

I have not seen this ability really on the Prime.  Sure I could just press the reset button and let the reboot put me back where I was (assuming that was right after I powered up).  Not a 'pure' method.

Also, when I'm editing a note, spreadsheet, etc., I run into the same problem -- oops, I didn't mean to delete all that, where is the control-Z key?

If there is not an undo on the Prime, it is yet another one of my suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The same issue I have found.  If someone from HP could write anything about this...

HP Recommended

No one in english has answered this post.. even  "auf deutsch" there is a lot of answers, why not in english...Take a look at:

http://h30492.www3.hp.com/t5/Weitere-HP-Endverbraucherprodukte-und-technologien/HP-Prime-Bugs/td-p/1...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry, we have not implemented undo in HP Prime.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I know that the "UNDO" key is already imposible to implement from the actual phisical achitecture of the HP Prime, but how about on the next "HP Prime II"? please don't forget about this missing key!

HP Recommended

As a suggestion : there is an app for iPhone ( Pcalc42 ) where to undo , simply slide your finger up the screen to the left , and redo , slides to the right.

It would be fantastic in the HP Prime!

Greetings!

HP Recommended

Don't forget about [Shift] [+] which sort of "undoes" the most recent RPN calculation, by pushing its arguments onto the stack.  It's the same as LASTARG on the RPL models (HP 28/48/49/50).  Ignore the fact that it's labeled "Ans" on the keyboard.  In does NOT return the most recent Answer; it returns the most recent INPUTS to a function.

Example: 1 Enter 2 + Ans --> 3, 1, 2 on the stack (the result and the inputs).

This is very handy, and not only when you want to UNDO an operation. For example, what's the resistance of a 6 ohm and 10 ohm resistor connected in parallel?  The usual way to calculate this is 1/(1/A+1/B) which in Prime RPN can be done this way:

6 [X^-1] 10 [X^-1] [+] [X^-1] --> 3.75 ohms

But it's also equal to (A*B)/(A+B) which in Prime RPN can be done this way:

6 10 [×] [Ans] [+] [÷] --> 3.75 ohms

-Joe-
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.