Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime calculator program debugging problem

HP Recommended
HP Prime calculator

When using the HP Prime step-by-step, single-step-at-a-time program debugging procedure in the program area, the values of the program variables are supposed to show on the calculator screen, to check at each step whether the correct values are actually calculated, but this doesn't happen in my Prime (at least I haven't been able to see the variable values). Does anyone else have this problem? Does HP know about it? I have two Primes, one bought several years ago, the other just a few months ago, and both have this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
238 237 40 73
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The variables do not apear automatically in the variable list, you need to add them there.

Have you done it? If yes, then they might be a problem that we need to look at... In this case, can you tell me more about what you are doing?

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cyrille,

After I press the DEBUG virtual key in the program area, and next enter a value for the program's independent variables (just one, X, for example, in my simple little program PR), there appears a blue bar with "Variable" in it, but there seems no way to add the program variables (just X and S for PR). How am I supposed to add them?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
568 555 102 184
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tap inside one of the blank lines under the blue "Variable" heading (tap on the left end of the line). It will highlight. Using the ALPHA key, type the name of the desired variable and press Enter. Its name will be added to the Variable list in the debugger.  Repeat as desired.

Hope that helps! Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
238 237 40 73
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Click on the first free cell on the right in the variable list and type the variable name (X) followed by ENTER and it should add the variable to the watch list.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Joe,

That worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cyrille,

Joe Horn beat you to a correct solution by 44 minutes, almost. Your solution was the same as his except that his said tap on the left, while yours said on the right. His worked on my Prime, yours didn't. Maybe your Prime is a mirror-reflected one. On the other hand, maybe his & mine are. Maybe you, I, or he are reflected. Thanks for an almost solution.

Michael178

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation