Did you mean: 
Ghanno
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Prime not appearing on connectivity software Mac Catalina

HP Recommended
HP Prime

I am running a MacBook Pro 15 inch, OS Catalina. I have attempted to use the connectivity software to access the HP Prime, the software loads fine but does not recognize the calculator ie it does not appear on the list of connected devices. 

Is anyone aware of a workaround for this? 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Ghano : 

IMHO in Mac OS Catalina today you cann't use the Connectivity Kit. Only can use Virtual Calculator, but try actualize from … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is surprising and I would not have expected there to be an issue here. I will be sure to take a look at it.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I just checked this an a security popup came up asking about "this application wants to receive keystrokes from anywhere"

This is probably because the HP Prime is using an HID usb connection. HID is commonly used for mice/keyboards. Did you try to allow that "security" prompt to let the communication happen? I believe that will correct the problem for you until I get a chance to figure out a better way to make the security prompt more clear.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
COB160
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any news on this? Also I have this problem... Is Hp going to solve this issue with Catalina?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation