andrej11
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Prime stuck in exam mode and calculator is not listed in Connectivity kit

HP Recommended
Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It just changed to exam mode, I can not exit it.

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How old is the software on your calculator? Press the help button, then click the "TREE" menu button, scroll to the top and click "About HP Prime". Let me know what it says there.

Also, is your connkit on a mac or window?  That will be important to know if we need to update you.

Only EXTREEMLY old units that haven't ever been updated can get "stuck" in exam mode, so getting it  updated will probably be our next step.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
andrej11
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Calculator is not yet 2 years old. PC has Windows 10. I couldn't update the prime, it is not seen by windows connectivity kit.

SW Ver.: 2016 04 06 (10024)

HW Ver.: C

CAS Ver. :1.1.2-11

SN: 3CD621017C

0 Kudos
andrej11
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Resolved: with another USB cable connection to PC and connectivity kit functioned. Automatic update has started and afterwards I coud stop the exam mode (why and how it started remains unknown).

Tim, thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Glad that did it for you!

Normally, just connecting a USB cable would bring it out. Cable bad maybe? 🙂

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation