Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Prime: sync with phone and tablet as well as desktop

HP Recommended
HP Prime, Note4, P580

I am using the latest Prime G2 and connectivity kit. I successfully sync the Prime to the desktop emulator by copying what I want from one to the other. I assumed that I'd just connect my tablet or phone via USB or wifi, and do the same. I was looklng forward to seeing all 4 devices in the CK simultaneously. But the CK never sees the tablet or the phone. Can I just copy a device folder from the desktop to the phone?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Inkwave :

You only use and copy/paste from the Connectivity kit, with Virtual Emulator (PC, tablet or iPhone) and/or Calculator, but with S.O. Mac and Windows (not for Android), from ... https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Prime-Graphing-Calculator/5367459/model/5367460#...

Too, from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Connectivity Kit.JPG

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Inkwave
Author
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was  kind of you to write, but I am puzzled by the reply...it seems that the essence of it is that we cannot easily get data from the android versions of the emulator. This is unfortunate. HP encourages the use of the android emulators, so I am surprised that they do not permit getting material from them. Today I was away from my desk and my Prime, but had my tablet, so I wrote a quick app based on the function app, thinking that later I'd be able to share it with my desktop and Prime. In addition, I wrote a series of functions that I hoped to share with my phone ane tablet, and I understand you to say here that that is not possible. I will try porting the source code from my desktop to my phone|tablet as a plain text file. That should be possible, if a bit tedious.

I was puzzled by the links. I thought that they would show how to work with android, but they are only the HP programs and docs that I indicated in my post I am already using. The docs don't say anything about android. I tried pasting from the android clipboard into a few of the Prime fields, and it did not work.

0 Kudos
Inkwave
Author
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found that there are 2 copy|paste tools on the Droid emulators.

The first is the one referenced in the user manual, and it is the shift-copy and shift-paste. It seems that it only will copy and paste within the Prime app itself.

The second is on a small menu icon upper left above the 'screen'. Select that, and there will be an Edit menu item. Select that, and there will appear Copy and Paste.

I simply copied a program from my desktop Conn Kit to a USB drive, and stuck it in the tablet. I opened it with a text editor and copied it to the clipboard. I then pasted it into a program on the Prime. It worked. So that is half the battle.

The piece that I am missing is how to get apps to and fro. I created an app based on the Function app template, which I called 'SHM and phase'. But when I edit it, all I see is commented template code, not my app. Yet, if I run it, it runs my SHM app.

0 Kudos
Inkwave
Author
Level 2
8 7 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After getting the copy, paste working, I decided to explore further the networking capability. Here are my notes.

1. I am running the Android HP Prime Pro version.

2. In Windows 10, verify that Conn kit can comm on local internet
Select “Start”.
Type “firewall“.
Select “Windows Defender Firewall”.
Select “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” on the left.
Find HP Connectivity Kit.
Select it in the left column.
Select Private and|or Public as you wish. I chose only Private, which is necessary for this to work, and I don't see myself using this on a public network.

3. In the CK, Edit>Preferences.

Verify Enable Network is checked.

change wireless-1 to your SSID

4. On each Droid device, goto Settings, P4

insert your computer IP4 address In the top box

Name your device in the bottom box...for example, I called mine Note4

You should see the Prime connecting.

5. In the CK, you can drag an app from the app lib on one device to the app lib on another device. I was able to copy from my tablet to my phone, to my desktop emulator, and to my calculator. Ditto for programs, etc.

!!!!! An impotant note. I normally run hard-wired to my router. For test this, I disconnected the hard wire, and connected via wi-fi. I have not tested to see if this is a requirement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation