Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Prime update freezes at 18%

HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody...

I have an HP Prime calculator, almost never used, maybe 5 hours total use. I cannot connect it to the PC, I have Windows 8.1 and after installing the connectivity kit, it never recognized the calculator, like if I never connected it on the USB. I tried on another computer, Windows 10, installed the C.K. and it recognized the calculator... the first time, it asked if I wanted to update the firmware, I said yes and the process started but stopped at 18%. After waiting for about 1 hour, I decided to try again so disconnected the HP and sterted it all over again, only now the calculator would not start, if reseted, it went only to a screen with x2+y2=1 and no more, if reseted or taking out the battery for a while, when turned on again, the same screen. If reseted using the paper clip and the SYMB key, I got a screen with HP Prime recovering mode V16 and was able to try again the firmware update but it stopped again at 18% (I tried 6 times, waiting as much as 3 hours, nothing happened). Now the calculator does not start, just the X2+y2=1 screen or HP Prime recovery screen, but no reset menu at all, I tried taking out the battery, the clip reset with SYMB, clip + A+C+O and clip alone, and A+C+O+On key... nothing. Hp Prime is the more expensive paperweight I have bought in my entire life.

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

1) Actualize to ultimate versión, from … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime.

2) Delete in your notebook or PC, the installed Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator.

3) Copy and install the ultimate version according the model of your calculator.

4) Press C+F+O (not A+C+O) and holding down the keys, press the ON key for a few seconds.

5) Appear the DIAGNOSTIC MENU.

6) Intend with 4.FLS delete the disk C.

7) Exit with Esc Key and RESET with 9.

Note : First all instructions charge to full (100%), the battery of calculator.

0 Kudos
summerhill5 Tutor
Tutor
3 2 1 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, thanks for answering!

My mistake, I have been trying with F+C+O, not the A... it have not worked. I uninstalled the connectivity kit and reinstalled it already, I even tried an old version for 32Bits (another forum suggested that) and didn´t work at all... My next step is to change to another computer  with windows 7 and try there. I will let you know what happened.

Again thank you for taking time to look into my problem.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,671 3,396 171 517
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Try with this link … https://www.hpcalc.org/details/7444

summerhill5 Tutor
Tutor
3 2 1 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Well, I was finally able to recover the calculator. I changed to a HP laptop where I installed the comm. Kit and repeated the process there, and it worked the first time !!! 

The laptop has installed Windows 10, I have no idea what made the difference.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation