Luckiday
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP prime - Matrix name

HP Recommended
HP prime

Hello everyone,

I am currently using the HP prime calculator to solve the matrix problems, the system named my matrix as "M1, M2....M0"

To complete some complicate calcs, I wish I could define my matrix as whatever I want to.

Is there any possible solution? 

Appreciate all your help!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
137 122 6 17
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Luckiday

Sure. Please take a look:

MyMatrix.png

Regards,

Ciro.

0 Kudos
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

M0-M9 are pre-defined variables that can only contain matrices.

Simillary, A-Z can only contain reals, Z0-Z9 complex.

But I assume you already knew that...

However, these are not the only variables that exist or can exist in the system.

In Home (ie: the numerical world), you can create a new variable in multiple ways. The first one is in programs (using the LOCAL or EXPORT functions)...

But you can also create a home global variable by simply trying to store something in a "name" as in : name:=value or value->name (where -> is the sto arrow)...

If "name" exists as a variable, it will store it, if it does not, it will ask you if you want to create it...

In CAS (the symbolic world), you can always store and use any variable names without even having to create them.

Note that once a variable has been created in the CAS world (by storing something in it), you can then use it from home. However, CAS to home exchanges are relatively slow, so if you store your matrices in a CAS variable, you are better of working as much as possible on the CAS side of things.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation