cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debs1212
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP12c keeps dividing answers by 10. Will not let me enter more than one number for division.

HP Recommended
hp12c

I have done the usual  re the dot, decimal places etc. If I enter 42 and multiply by 60 the answer is 252. If is try to divide 252 by 60 I can only enter 6. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BartdB
Level 9
971 954 119 186
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible that the "0" key is not functioning properly. You can test this with the keyboard test:

With the calculator off, press and hold ÷ (divide key) and press ON. A few segments of the display will be lit. Now press each key from the top left moving left to right and then down (NOTE: the ENTER key gets pressed in Both the third and fourth rows.) The display will show a changing pattern of segments as keys are pressed.

If the calculator displays an error OR returns to normal operation/display before the last key is pressed, then there could be a problem with the keyboard.

-Bart
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for that. Went through it and it is the keyboard. Very grateful.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation