Did you mean: 
TG1999
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP41CX

HP Recommended
HP 41CX

I have a HP41CX with the survey module.   The calculator lost its memory and now I'm trying to remember how

to program my shortcuts,   for instance I use the shift key enter, XEQ enter, alpha key and type in HMS- and type in HMS+

to be able to add and subtract angles quickly     ...........my question is where do I find the - minus key and the + key

on the calculator.    next question how do you clear the program on a key...I've put in my traverse and curve solutions on

a couple of keys so now when I use those keys for simple adding or subtracting I get the program 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Answer #1: When assigning HMS+ to a key, press [shift] [+] to get the "+" character.  Similar for "-".

Answer #2: To delete a user key assignment, press [shift] [ASN] [ALPHA] [ALPHA] then the assigned key.  An alternate method uses the Key Catalog (CAT 6) on the 41CX.  Press [shift] [CATALOG] [6] and then press [R/S] right away before the catalog finishes scrolling through all your assignments. With the catalog paused, press [SST] or [shift] [BST] until the assignment that you wish to delete is displayed. Then press [shift] [square root] and that one assignment will be deleted from that key.  They chose the square root key because it has the alpha letter "C" on it, so think of it as pressing [shift] [C] for "Clear this assignment".

In case it isn't obvious, you can also disable *all* your key assignments (then later re-enable them again) by pressing the [USER] key, which toggles USER mode.

Hope this helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation