Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 1 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hms to Decimals then Back, Decimals to HMS

HP Prime

Hi Everyone,Have problem, when i use →HMS(53.1301) ,sometimes the answer is 53.0748 ,

sometimes it is 53°07'48".36 ,i do not know what i am doing for this to change.both is correct

Also can not get HMS→(53.0748) to work at all answer is always, 53.0748 ,RPN does not work doing this,so i assume it,does not work in RPN entry ,textbook and algebraic → HMS works,so what is going on with HMS→. Have  looked in manual , can not find it.

thanks for any help.

surveying101bil

Tags (1)
28 REPLIES 28
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 2 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @surveying101bil:

See, this image ...

IMG_20160908_193539.jpg

See ...

Syntax:  →HMS(value) Converts, a decimal value to hexagesimal, format; that is, in units subdivided, into groups of 60. This includes degrees, minutes, and seconds, as well as hours, minutes, and seconds.

Example:  →HMS(54.8763) returns 54°52′34.68″

Syntax:  HMS→(value)

Converts, a value expressed, in hexagesimal format, to decimal format.

Example:  HMS→(54°52′34.68″) returns 54.8763. 

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
@Maké (Voluntary and "ad honorem").
Click the White thumb to say thanks.
Please, mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
PD : The experience is like a comb you want to use, when you're bald.
Tags (1)
Teacher
Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 3 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HI Maké,hope yopu are doing fine.thanks for seeing me and for your help.as always ,this image is like a triangle , is this just error on page. Yes i did these one time and every thing worked, the next time i try the HMS→ ( ) did not work,this worked with out me using the  d° m ' s'', the first time i try,and the → HMS () still does, but i see what you did,not i understand,how it is to work,Thank you very much I can always depend on you,I did not know HP discontinued the HP 50G in 2015, what you think they do for the HP 35s many students depend on it,I hope they always make a RPN calculator of some kind,Let you know i am doing ok,and thanks for you help again,i was adding a decimal to it,that why it would not work.Change 5 year

old Batteries in my 41CX,There are some programs in it, over 8 years old,This time i put the N batteries made for medical devices,they  cost more and have longer life power,everything else is the same as the regular battery, check all of this before i do this, I keep this calculator in special hard case,do not want anything to happen to it.Glad to here from you.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 4 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @surveying101bil:

You can calculate too, in RPN notation.

53.1301 ENTER

1.                   53.01

->HMS ENTER

53°07'48.36"

54°52'34.68" ENTER

1.                  54°52'34.68"

HMS-> ENTER

Too, can continued use, the HP50G, with the ultimate, Version 2.15

For 41C series, i use too 9100N (Duracell) or E90 (Energizer), of 1.5VDC batteries. Too, can purchase in Spain, the pack of 4.8VDC, for change in your pack rechargable, battery module ... HP82120A, from ... http://www.ebay.es/itm/Akku-Pack-82120A-fur-Hewlett-Packard-HP-41CX-und-CV-4-8-Volt-Ni-MH-Taschenre-...

For converter, see, this link ... http://www.keesvandersanden.nl/calculators/hp82120A.php

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
Teacher
Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 5 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Maké,I will have to try this on the RPN, The batteries,I think i use are E90BP-2 (Energizer),I was told they were for medical devices,that use the N battery,that may not be the correct ID#.But I amazed that the old batteries did not give me low battery sign for five years,They were Duracell, I will not go as long again, i wrote the date down,that i change them ,this time it will not be by memory of what year,I started doing that with all my caculators,and set date change dates for them.Thank you again for all this help,and thank HP for this site,I will see if i can do the RPN thing,and let you know.

God Bless you ,and have agood day.

surveying101bil

Teacher
Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 6 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HI Maké,I have one more ?,Ok i switch to RPN,and typed

53.1301 ENTER

1.                   53.01

Now how did you type → HMS, The only way i know is Tool Box, Catlg ,→ HMS

this gives me on input line, →HMS( ) , so i deleted the ( ) ,then Enter and it worked,is there another way to type→HMS.

Were it has no ( ) ,i have not found it,if it is. If there is no other way this is find,no problem, it works on both of them.

Thanks again on  all this help. Energizer, claims that they only sell one E90 battery,the less expensive type was discontiued,

so all of them are recomended for high energy devices, the BP was for Blood Preasure monitors,I do not have the card for me to look for Id# on the ones i buy,But the person on line  told me they only have one now.She said it replaced all of these other batteries, replaces 4001, 810, 910A, AM5, LR1, MN9100 and UM-5 batteries.  I do not know who makes all of these.

I see the MN9100,this must be the Duracell, I like Duracell the most,and they all so make a new battery guaranteed for 10 Years ANS in storage called Duralock,this has got to be better battery, even while being used.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 7 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @surveyingbil:

The E90 Battery, of Energizer, is today available ... http://www.energizer.com/specialty-batteries/e90-n-battery

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
Teacher
Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 8 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HI, Maké, Yes Maké, the batteries i am good,The RPN  question ?,I found how to do this,without going to ToolBox, Catlg.

Very good, and thank you for letting me know this, Now i want have to go back to Textbook  or Algebraic to convert these,

Learning more every day,This calculator is very good,told my son inlaw,to buy one ,he always after me to sell him my 41cx or one of my 48gx,He also surveys, I told him buy a 50 G or a Prime,I no sell, I told him Prime would be my choice,I wrote

a Inverse program on the Prime in HP PPL, Its has no errors in program,but when i go up to 999.9999, everything works ,but if i go to 1000.0000 ,it says Error: Undefined result , But it all works till i go up to that, what does the size of the number have to do with it. If i inverse  say 500 N1,500E1 to 545N2, 545E2 ,everything works but if i use these,

5000N1,5000E1 to 5045N2,5045E2 then , it tells me this error, Error:Undefined result, big puzzle and why ?

Just though i would run it by you.

Thanks for Everything.

surveying101bil.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3379 3317 159 493
Message 9 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, surveyingbil:

Excuse me !.

I'm not understand, what you needed explained, with ... 

Surveyingbil, wrote ...

Inverse program on the Prime in HP PPL, Its has no errors in program,but when i go up to 999.9999, everything works ,but if i go to 1000.0000 ,it says Error: Undefined result , But it all works till i go up to that, what does the size of the number have to do with it. If i inverse  say 500 N1,500E1 to 545N2, 545E2 ,everything works but if i use these,

5000N1,5000E1 to 5045N2,5045E2 then , it tells me this error, Error:Undefined result, big puzzle and why ?

You're Welcome !.
Best wishes and regards.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
96 89 1 15
Message 10 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HI Maké, This is a HP PP program on the Prime,This is INVERSE as in surveying ,that i wrote it works till you go pass the coordinates of 999.9999North and 999.9999 East , When the coordinates get bigger than this , when i solve by OK,it then pop up a error  as ,   Error: Undefined results, with out you seeing the program, I know it is hard to solve, But my  question,

is what does the size of the number have to do with it working or not working. there is no limit to the size of the numbers in the program it should solve no matter what figure or decimals places are being used,So i am puzzled on what is causing

this error. I know number has a     ,     coma when they reach 1,000,    Oh,!!! Maké, i just figure it out talking to you,why this program is doing this, I have to change my Digit Grouping in setting to 123456.789 the    coma , is causing this, yes i just checked it and now it works , i will also check this 123 456.789, no this will not work ,but 123456.789 works, I will have to look at the program to see what is causing this. Oh ! i am happy i solved this, now i know how to fix it,see what talking to a

friend direct or indirect,can help solve problems. This is what this site is for.

Thankyou my Friend

surveying101bil:  HP for Life

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation