cancel
Teacher
Teacher
89 62 1 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How to cancel a SYSEVAL effects in HP 50g graphing calculator ?

HP 50g graphing calculator

Hello dear HP support forum ,

I have a pretty anoying problem , and that is on one half or maybe on some hand my fault .

So before month , or maybe more than one month I typed on my HP 50g graphing calculator function called "SYSEVAL" and I used a formula ( I think that I used exactly that , but I'm not quite shire because long time passed ago when  happen ) :

#95 #95 #95 #95 SYSEVAL

SInce then i had a pretty big problem and I still have that problem by now . Ok , problem is not so "big" as I mentioned but I must to adapt on situation that happens after I type that code .

So here is an example , and I will describe to you what happened next - so letters and numbers in my choose box ( when I go on some programs that I have already install on my HP 50g ) got bigger and size of "CHOOSE BOX" was thiner than ever before ,

I have an example with me too , I will upload one , two or more pictures on this forum , 

20190327_095312.jpgMy coleague screen , CHOOSE BOX is from same program !!!0

very important : on each HP 50g graphing calculator i had a same font and same size , and also I used CHOOSE BOX from same program into calculators .20190327_095258.jpgThis is my HP 50g , look at the CHOOSE BOX and size of letters inside CHOOSE BOX

20190327_095245.jpgSide by side comparison , lower picture - my CHOOSE BOX , on the other side is my colleague calculator and everything works fine for him

Ok maybe will pictures be in different places and thst is because I'm writing on my smartphone ,

So my question to this community will be , IF i used that SYSEVAL function which I shouldn't have , how to neglect an effect of this function ?

I want to know if is anyhow possible to do that ?

I hope so that you realized what is different on a pictures , besides I had a same from other calculator when I started to use HP 50g graphing calculator and now I want to return simply that back !! I really don't know how to cancel effect of #95 #95 #95 #95 SYSEVAL ,

*btw , sorry for bad English*

Thank you for help , for forward 

Josip Kova

3 REPLIES 3
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
705 697 110 162
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you use a bad syseval, the result is nearly 100% of the time a crash. The impact does not stay around generally.

You simply have different font size selected in your display options. One calcualtor is set to small or minifont, and the other is not.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
PhD Student
PhD Student
504 488 79 144
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

As Tim said, the size of the CHOOSE font can be user-selected. Here's one way to do that: press [MODE], [F1], [9]. You'll see either CHOOSE: current font, or CHOOSE: mini font. Press [F3] to toggle to the one you want, then press ENTER twice. This will exit the System Flags browser and save the change.

A programmable way to control the CHOOSE font is by setting or clearing flag -90.

Suggestion: Browse up and down the System Flag browser (MODE, F1) to learn the 50g's user-settable options.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP or anybody else.

-Joe-

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
89 62 1 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Dear @Joe and @Tim , 

So far you answered correctly on my question and especially Joe because you guided me to my final solution and I'm really glad to have such people(s) like you used to be , because you answered on my question very fast and I , seriously , mean under the time of one day from the time when I posted this question on HP Support Forum . I wish that every forum have such man/womens like you - fast responsive :generic:

Thank you both , but I will mark on one reply to my message for solving my problem and that's definitely goes to Joe's answer because of better guiding to whole process that must to do in order to change font !!

You , Tim i hope that you will be maybe happy with one thumb up although you answered first on my question . Sorry If I dissapoint you :HalfEyes: but anyway good to know first answer is like a king answer :BLueCrown:

no doubt about that !!

For all other users - this is what you should do in order to change your current font , refered to a picture ,

20190328_085256.jpgSecond .... select cur or mini font and if you happy press OKFirst : type [ MODE ] [ F1 ] in order to enter a FLAGS menu20190328_085238.jpg1.st .... FLAGS menu

Second : Go to FLAG number 90 and mark or unmark selected type of font - mini or cur font , with cur you get a bigger letters and numbers too in your CHOOSE BOX - es , with mini you get smaller font ... and at the end confirm your solution by pressing OK , button [ F6 ]

Anyway , I really did not knew that you have a two types of fonts in HP 50g graphing calculator - mini and cur font .:Glasses:

I will probably use a mini and continue to use that type of font !!

Thanks both of you ,

Best regards ,

Josip Kova 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation