Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to show angles in degrees minutes seconds like Casio calculators does

HP Recommended
HP 50g graphing calculator

Hi dear HP Community , 

I wanted to know is there any option or is there any way to show angles when entered in degrees minutes seconds or in dd.mmssss format like Casio calculators does. I mean showing angle , let's suppose that you enter angle like this -  35°42'12" in form 35.4212 and I wanted to know can you somehow display this value in form of 35°42'12" ( in general deg° min' sec" ).

Is there a function/program that offers to display angles in previously described form or maybe some function that switches notation from dd.mmssss to dd°mm'ssss"

Like i mentioned before "like Casio calculators does"

Thanks for any help with this , hope that you understand my question if not describe what do you not understand. Keep in mind that my english is far below of ideal and also escuse me with that.

Best regards 🤗 ,

Josip Kova 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 186
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look at the shift function on the a b/c key (the alpha E key).

o ' "

That can be used during entry of a number ( 34 [SHIFT] [a b/c] 42 [shift] [ a b/c ] and so on, or also to toggle the last number in your history from decimal to dms display. There is also a template on your template key (ALPHA C button).

Note that all angular calculations and basic math functions work perfectly with dms values tagged with o ' ". No need to conver them prior.

35°42′12″ + 0°12′12″ => 35°54′24″

You can read about the help on this key by pressing the HELP button. Then press the KEYS menu key on screen, and press [SHIFT] [a b/c] to bring it up.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
JKova
Author
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ARE YOU SURE IS THIS FOR HP 50G GRAPHING CALCULATOR ?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation