10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How to solve simultaneous equations on HP prime

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I really Need help doing simultaneous equations on HP Prime. No just using x and y but  multiple variables (more than two ).  On the TI-inspire there is a function called 'solve system of equations' which makes simultaneous equations really easy to solve, is there anything like this on HP Prime?

Screenshot (149).png

This is also a bit of topic but I'm also having issues solving equations in general, sometimes the calculator doesn't recognise that i have input a variable for it to solve such as SOLVE(G-32=76,G) would sometimes give me {G}. someone please help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
USF45
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screenshot (149).png

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Two vital points: (1) Symbolic math should be done in CAS view, not in Home view. Only use Home view for number crunching (AKA floating point calculations). (2) Never use single-letter uppercase variable names when doing symbolic math, since those always have a value and cannot be purged.

Here's one way to solve your system using Prime's CAS:

system

Please note that solve is spelled in lowercase letters, and is used in CAS view, with lowercase variables.  If a variable starts misbehaving, it might have gotten a value attached to it.  This can be remedied by purging it, e.g. purge(x).

Hope that helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation