cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eng-Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How to use CAS operations when programming.

HP Recommended
HP Prime (SV: 2.0.0. 13865)
Other

I'm an Engineering student. I've been programming on my HP Prime for a while now. I prominently program programmes that require solving for one variable or two. Without much success and a lot of work, I've attempted to incorporate the CAS solve functions but they NEVER work.

I've tried using: CAS.solve(equation,variable);

I've tried CAS(solve(equation,variable));

I've tried CAS(EVAL(solve(equation,variable)));

and none of them worked. I've searched the web for solutions but the possible solutions aren't very helpful and are outdated. There aren't good examples of how to do it and properly annotated. When I try to mimic what they do I get syntax errors.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE explain how to achieve this and maybe provide an example I can run. Can it please be a multivariable example.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you really want to use symbolic CAS commands in non-CAS programs, one method is to put the entire command into a string like this:

CAS("solve(x^2=4,x)")

This avoids the problem of "x" (lowercase) not being recognized outside of CAS.

However, the best way to use CAS commands in a program is by writing a "CAS program".  CAS programs are called "Technique #3" in THIS excellent article by Han.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP Prime user.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can see the video in Spanish Language ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0got1hkzgw

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Este es un video de programacion en modo cas el primero que hago, especificamente calcula la derivada y la integral de una funcion....DALE LIKE AL VIDEO!!!!!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation