3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Hp Prime G2

HP Recommended
HP Prime graphic calc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I just bought an HP Prime Graphic calculator, and each time I plug the USB cable into my pc I got a power surge message. I thought at first that was a problem with the calc but I plug just the cable and got the same message. Cant connect it into my pc.

Inside the package came two cables one USB mini B / USB and one USB mini B/USB mini AB. I'm using the USB mini/USB to connect it to my pc. but just get a message "Power Surge".

Thnks

90c50f37-9ebf-483b-8985-0fed6306269e.png

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
hjbedoya1975
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Called HP support and they tried to reset the calculator pressing button symb and the reset button at the back and nothing happened (it just turn it on) and then tried pressing keys F C O and then ON but same results.

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 206
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the "power surge" message appears when just the cable is plugged into your PC but is not connected to your HP Prime, then the problem clearly does not lie in the Prime.  I strongly suspect that you received a faulty cable with a short in it.  The USB cable which attaches the Prime to a PC is a totally normal USB data cable (USB A on one end, USB micro B on the other end) , the kind that's available everywhere.  So please try another cable.  Of course, make sure that it's a DATA cable, not the kind of power-only cable that comes with many rechargers and power banks.  Those cables have no data lines; they can charge the Prime but not connect it for data transfer.

Any data cable whose ends look like this should work.  If you try one and it works, discard your faulty cable.

USB-cable

-Joe-
hjbedoya1975
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer, yes I tried yesterday with another USB cable and worked. By the way, when I looked inside the faulty cable the pins were all bent. 

I'm going to use the second cable that came with the calculator just going to get an adaptor. to USB c 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation