Did you mean: 
Bruno_Pestana
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Prime White Screen

HP Recommended
HP Prime

Hello, today, when I was doing some calculations with my HP Prime the screen freezed. I turned it off and back on and now the screen is totally white. Tried to reset in all ways possible. When I connect it to a computer though, I can see the screen through the computer and it works fine there. It just isn't showing anything on the calculator. Is this a problem with the screen? Or could it be something else?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This is very strange indeed.

What you indicate (congratulation on thinking about connecting to the computer BTW!) seems to be more of a HW issue unfortunatelly. I would follow up with support if I was you. They probably will do a replacement assuming that you are still under waranty.

My best guess is that the flex cable connecting the PCB to the LCD module has come loose (I might be wrong). If you are manually enclined, you could open the calculator and check. However, this probably woids the waranty (I have not looked at the clauses) . So this advice is more appropriate in the case where you are out of waranty.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation