Did you mean: 
MSalomao
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp Prime vs Hp 50g

HP Recommended
Hp prime
I intend to buy a hp prime and need to know if the commands of the functions in the hp Prime are similar to hp 50g. Thats because I already use a 50g, so if the differences are too many, I'll continue with the 50g. Thank you!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Horn
Level 8
650 635 124 222
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The answer depends on what you want to do.  The HP Prime has all of the HP 50g's heavy math functionality, plus lots more, and can do it all over 100 times faster.  But many of the 50g's commands are for customizing the machine, and for programming in RPL.  Prime has a completely different programming language, which is powerful and easy to maintain (unlike RPL), but NONE of the many available programs and libraries for the 50g will run on the Prime, and the customizability of Prime's user interface is only a tiny fraction as powerful as the 50g's.

In other words, Prime and the 50g are extremely different machines.  Since only you know what exactly you need to do, the easiest way to find the answer to your question is to peruse the HP Prime User Guide.  The current version is the Third Edition, December 2017.  Since Prime's firmware is stored in flash memory, it can be updated when new firmware versions are released, so the manual is occasionally updated to reflect the changes and new features.

Hope that helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP, but I love using, playing with, and exploring the HP 50g and HP Prime.

-Joe-
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
VPN777
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download the Emulator into your PC
and the native Lite/Free version of the app into your phone.
Test it yourself.
I would definately get the HP Prime.
Even if it is different it is also much faster and the CAS is extended or expanded.
Maybe you should check Netherlands for the latest hardware version - G2 -
with better keyboard contrast and better hardware overall.

Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,458 180 540
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @VPN777 :

For the Microsoft Windows and Mac, you can download and install, the ultimate version, from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

For Android but with license ... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.primecalculator

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
138 122 6 17
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello, MSalomao.

I agree with Jon_Horn. The difference will depend on what you do. In some cases you'll have to "pay" with time for learning.

However if you want to go further, don't think twice. It's the natural way of evolution. You won't regret!

Regards, Ciro.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation