Jlee99
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp Prime won't detect

HP Recommended
HP Prime

Hi there,

Recently I have tried plugging in my calculator into my computer to install some programs into it however no matter what I have tried nothing will detect it. Here is a list of troubleshooting options I have already performed:

- Factory Resetting

- Recovery mode and plugging it into a computer

- Connecting it to a windows computer

- Connecting it to a mac computer (Apple OS)

- Using a windows boot through the mac computer 

- Trying usb 2.0 ports on a windows computer

- Switching to 3 different cables

So far I have noticed only a couple things 

- It seems to charge when I plug it into a computer noting that the cable supplies power

- When I plug it in it shows up as a USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) on device

- When I try the FIR to FIR test it can't seem to find a host device (whatever that means) 

I'm not sure what to try left as I have gone through the forums to look for any solution.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the version on your caculator currently? Check the "HELP->About HP Prime" location to see.

On the mac, are you on the latest OS version?

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Jlee99
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My calculator is running 2.1.14181 and the hardware version is C

As for my mac yes I am running Catalina os. However, it's not working on my windows machines either so I don't think it is a mac issue. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation