Did you mean: 
TRUCID
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp prime only works in ac

HP Recommended
Hp prime

Hi community, i just bought a hp prime. I updated the firmware and putted some games on it. After that it works without ac. But now I can only use it with ac even wen its fully charged. I need it for school so help would be preciated 😉

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @TRUCID :

You can try with a Battery Diagnosis using the C+F+O keys and keeping them pressed, press the ON key for a few seconds. It should appear ... EA656 DIAGNOSTIC

Now, press ...

5. Evaluation and ENTER ...

Appear ... EVALUATION

Press ...

A. BATTERY and ENTER ...

If don't have fail, must Appear ...

A. BATTERY              OK

If have fail, must Appear ...

A. BATTERY              NG (not Good)

Now, if battery run OK, you needed press Esc key and is necessary Format Disc C:

Note : When Format Disc C, you lost all data.

Press 4. FLS Utility and ENTER key

Press 3. Format Disc C and ENTER key

Then after few seconds appear ...

FORMAT DISK C...

DISK FORMATTING COMPLETED.

If all are good, appear ...

3. Format Disk C              OK

For Exit, press Esc key.

Now, press 9. RESET and ENTER key

If a padlock appears in the center of the screen, move it with one finger to the far left and press OK.
There you will have to choose the language you prefer and OK.
Also set punctuation, date, etc ...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this -  open the lilttle battery door in the back. Take out the battery. Connect the USB power. Does the calcualator turn on? Great! Now with the USB still plugged, put the battery back in. Does it stay on? Great!

Now leave it for 5-10 minutes plugged in. Remove the USB and it hopefully stays on. Charge it and you should be good.

Sometimes a new unit that has been sitting for a long time gets the battery "stuck" because it is so low. This will unstick it if that is the case.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @TRUCID :

The battery of your HP PRIME, is similat to ...

HP PRIME Battery_1.PNG

Before connect with cable USB-MicroUSB, to Notebook or Desktop try check with any tester, the charge of battery. In the top right is indicate the poles ... Poles battery HP PRIME.PNG, for measure voltage. This is a full charge if have as indicate ... 3.7VDC.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
TRUCID
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you all for responding so quickly and sorry that I respond so slowly. Im a school student in the Netherlands and tomorrow I need the calculator for a test. In the normal lessons I can use it with a powerbank, but during a test the teacher wants all of us to be in exam mode with a special device or something. This means that I cant use my powerbank to power it. The main problem is that I cant use it with a usb cord. I updated the calculator in the delivered program and after that I cant use it without a supply. I tried all the fixes you guys sended, but nothing works. The battery is ok in te utilty and i formatted the c drive. I also tried the non battery fix but still nothing works. I bought it 3 weeks ago so it has its warranty so I can send it back, but thats to late for tomorrows test. Can anybody still help me out?

Kind regards,

Teun

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation