Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 3 (328 Views)
Accepted Solution

ICON for replacing application icon

Product Name: HP Prime v1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Prime Graphing Calculator

Software Version: 2014 3 31 (6030)

Hardware Version: A

CAS Version: 1.1.0-46

Help Edition: 2014 03

I've been getting familiar with my HP Prime programming features and I'm currently developing a program that I would like to add to the application Library. I found in Help, a function called ICON. I looked in the forum and found a thread about the topic but it was from 2013. I got my calculator in 2014. And the versions all state 2014. How would you change the application icon?

Accepted Solution

Re: ICON for replacing application icon

Hello

ICON was introduced in the past to handle graphics (and, as a hack, to allow changing the application icon).

With the latest versions of the SW, you can now attach files to the application. Including image files (png and jpg) (which you can load to graphics using G1:= AFiles("a.png").

This mechanism is now what is used to change the app icon. Simply create an app file called icon.png, put your graphic into is and it will work.

Cyrille

View solution in context
Teacher
Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

Hello

ICON was introduced in the past to handle graphics (and, as a hack, to allow changing the application icon).

With the latest versions of the SW, you can now attach files to the application. Including image files (png and jpg) (which you can load to graphics using G1:= AFiles("a.png").

This mechanism is now what is used to change the app icon. Simply create an app file called icon.png, put your graphic into is and it will work.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]

Note that using the connkit you can do this very easily. Is your calcualtor up to date? If not, I'd recommend doing that first.

1. Update the calculator using the connkit if you aren't already up to date. Since you are a really old version, I'd recommend putting it into "manual" update mode first. Basically, follow the steps I outline in this post: (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/HP-prime-not-detected-on-PC/td-p/5991278)

2. In the connkit, right click on your new application in the calculator tree (YourCalc->Applications->YourApp) and pick the "add app icon".  It will then let you pick an image file and automatically resize it to the appropriate size/rename as needed.

----------------------
TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation