Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Is my HP Prime G2 display installed upside down?

HP Recommended
HP Prime G2

I just purchased an HP Prime G2 from Best Buy last week. I love this calculator except for one thing, the display seems to be installed upside down or backwards. I posted some pics. What do you make of this? I think I'm going to return it.

IMG_0351.jpegIMG_0352.jpegIMG_0353.jpeg

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8
568 555 102 184
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, your Prime's display was not installed incorrectly. Unfortunately, all Primes exhibit this behavior when you select the "Dark" Color Theme.  In the Museum of HP Calculators' Prime forum, a posting on 5 December 2019 explained why all Primes have their LCD's installed that way:

"The screen is not custom for Prime, and the connector placement normally is at the top. In Prime however, it came out the bottom so the screen is essentially flipped. The viewing angle for horizontal had the polarizer designed for it to be flipped the other direction basically."

Bottom line: EVERY Prime has its LCD installed that way, intentionally, due to the placement of the connector.  The best workaround is to set your Prime to the default "Light" Color Scheme and leave it that way.  The battery drain is the same in both Dark and Light modes, because the backlight shines the same brightness in both settings.  To reduce battery drain, you have the options of selecting a darker backlight setting (which is different from the Color Scheme), and/or setting a slower screen refresh rate, and/or setting the TDim and TOff system variables to control the amount of time that elapses before automatic dimming of the display, and automatic turning off of the calculator, respectively.

Hope that helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appreciate the info 😀 I ended up returning it back to Best Buy this evening. The display killed it for me..the viewing angle in dark mode was pretty bad. I'm so disappointed because it was so stunningly fast with calculations. I don't understand why HP didn't source a better touch display with a higher resolution, and a better viewing angle. I think I'll just download the iOS app for now.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation