cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJarwala
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Is the HP12CP iPad app compatible with the iOS split screen mode?

HP Recommended
HP12CP iPad app
iOS

Hi, 

Apologies if this question is in the wrong forum. I could not find something specific to the app, hence the Calculators forum.

I have just downloaded the HP12C iPad app. I can't get it to work in the split screen mode - it always takes the full screen. Is this app compatible with the split screen mode function? I realize that the layout/aspect ratio may be problem, but it is otherwise hard to use while referring to the work you are doing. Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
vrag
Level 2
Level 2
19 19 1 2
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps to enable to dual app viewer:

Enabling and disabling the HP Dual App Viewer

To turn HP Dual App Viewer on or off, open the Settings menu and find the HP Dual App Viewer on/off switch in the Device section.

If still the split mode does not work, try the other solution from below link.

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
0 Kudos
NJarwala
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately it does not help me.  Note that I am looking for iOS split screen support on an iPad. There is no HP Dual App Viewer setting or application. Your second link is with reference to an Android tablet - going back to Kit-Kat! That is no help to getting this resolved for getting HP 12CP working in split screen mode within iOS. 

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it is not supported.

The code that handles the display of the image was written back in ios 3/4 timeframe, and worked fine till they turned on split screen. We haven't had time to rewrite it to support that, so I turned it off.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
NJarwala
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification, Tim.  Would you know or be able to share if there are any plans to support it in the near term? If not, I would need to look for an alternate solution. I need the split screen to refer to the problem I am solving. 

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot share any future looking plans. If this is critical for you right now, chances are you'd definitiely have beaten us in making this change as it would be doubful this change would happen in the near term.

Note that we do constantly get support emails from people who think they've purchased a real 12C emulator on ios/android and want us to fix some calculation problem they have. It turns out they actually purchased a fake one that doesn't quite work or calculate correctly. So be very careful if you do need to look for something else!

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation