Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

New Firmware 2016

HP Recommended
HP Prime Calculator
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Installed the new Firmware and Connectivity update today, after backing up the Prime.

The firmware installed fine, and as stated it wiped the calculator.

So far so good.

However, when trying to Restore from any of my Backups, it only sees the calculator connected AFTER a computer reboot....and then during the actual Restore itself freezes.

If I close down Connectivity software (using task Manager) , and then restart it, it will not see the calculator - no matter how many times i reconnect to the USB ports....until I reboot the computer!

How do I get either full functionality back or restore the previous version Connectivity software?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Flash_Gordon:

You needed first, uninstall totally, included register's, the Connectivity Kit, Emulator and Firmware, of previous version, what you have installed, in you PC. 

Today I installed, in my HP Omni PC 120 1026la, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits, the ultimate version (10077), of emulator, connectivity kit, Firmware and then, installed in my HP PRIME calculator, from connectivity kit, without problem. The previous version (8151), i have removed, with Advanced Uninstaller PRO.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Flash_Gordon
Author
Level 3
41 31 2 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Maké,

It never mentions anywhere about complete uninstall or anything. In the Update Descriptions it states....

"This release of the Prime Calculator firmware and associated PC software delivers significant new features and fixes outstanding issues. This document is not a complete list of all changes, but highlights specific items. All users of the HP Prime calculator are encouraged to upgrade for the best possible experience.

Please back up your calculator before the update. Any existing data on the device will be wiped during the update process."

I backed up the calculator exactly has requested.

However, I will again uninstall everything (the Connectivity Kit, Emulator) and clean the programs - as you recommend, but how did you totally uninstall the previous Firmware version???

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, Flash_Gordon:

If you not use, Advanced Unistaller PRO (free), see, this link ... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-change-program#uninstall-change-program=windows...

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
Flash_Gordon
Author
Level 3
41 31 2 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Maké,

That has now fixed the problem.

I think it must be added to top of the Update Message.....that all current  Connectivity and Emulation software MUST be fully removed - including Registry values, from the computer - BEFORE Updating.

That will stop a lot of possible problems.....

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 541
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, Flash_Gordon:

This is, the questions !.

When you added, solutions, in previous versions, you necessarily uninstall and delete records up, as it is not overwritten, on them.  

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation