Tutor
13 9 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New program for the HP Prime

HP Prime

Hello!

I'd like to ask if I can upload a program which I made, on which I was working quite a long time and therefore want to prevent from being rejected beforehand if you decide that the world does not need it, coz that would insult my feelings a lot! 😕

Purpose of the program:

Purpose of the program is to assist in using user defined mathematical formulas and expressions to solve various mathematical tasks and excersises.

"PREPARATION MODE":

Allows the user to input and store any mathematical expressions and formulas of his choice and needs by using any letters he wants both capital and not, as well as name and assign measurement units to the given variables used.
The number or formulas that can be stored is not limited by the program and when entering expressions which include variables already used in other, already stored expressions, the already given names/units are suggested during typing to make input easier, etc. Also, in this mode the user can maintain, edit and delete his personal formulas and expressions.
Finally, in this mode the user can create, delete and edit category groups for his formulas (e.c. "Math", Physics")...

"EXAMINATION MODE":

In this mode the user can browse in different ways either through the entire list of his formulas or by searching by whole formula, by variable, by variable description or even by free text search while applying category filters is also possible during this process. When the desired formula is found it can be used right away to solve for any variable and during entering of the unknowns he can either enter numeric values, if known, or address to other formulas instead with which that value can be solved for, if related formulas are stored as well in the formulas list (they are being suggested in a drop-down list during input request, if existing). If the user chose third formulas to find unknowns during the entering process, these formulas will be called too and the user will be prompted to enter values for them as well, and this process of calling related formulas for unknowns has no limitations in depth, by the program.

Once the user is done entering known values either directly or by directing to other formulas and the program has enough data, it starts the solving process by substituting the numerical values and solving from the most last needed formula all the way up to the very first value that was to be found originally (first formula) and shows the solving process detailed, step by step, during the process.

IN AUTOMATIC MODE, for which I'm very proud of lol, which I named "Panic Mode!" the user enters a mode where he can browse through a list of all the variables of all the formulas he has stored which are shown with their given description (like "R, [Ohm], Electrical resistance" etc) and select the ones which are known. Every chosen variable which he moves to the selected ones is checked when added to the known list and as soon as at least one other unknown value can be calculated by using the stored formulas (either directly or through intermediate calculations), a selection box appears which allows him to proceed to the next step. There, a drop-down list with literally EVERYTHING that can be calculated either directly by using the entered data as well as with every possible subsequent calculations, is presented and from them he can chose exactly which ones he's interested to find.

Or, he can go a step back and alter his initial input of the first step.
Once he finishes entering his knowns and the desired values to be found, the program proceeds by asking the exact numerical values of the knowns (actually only the really required ones, if necessary) and after a moment of calculations the fully automated procedure of solving starts, where the program finds by itself all the needed formulas, puts them in the correct order and starts the visual procedure of substituting and solving all formulas until everything is found, while showing the process very detailed to the user. If more solving paths exist to get to the solutions, the ones that are most simple and use formulas with the less variables will be chosen and used.

Well, that's my little sweety which is about 140kb and which I coded entirely using my physical HP Prime since I can't afford a computer right now. And yes, after this I can tell for sure that the HP Prime has a WONDERFUL SUPER DURABLE KEYPAD which will probably last for two lifetimes with normal, regular use 😄

So, I'm curious to see if there is any interest and if HP would allow me to proceed and upload that program to the HP website.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,013 8,837 344 406
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Layzer
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I understand the difficulty with the problem. ​​​​​​As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. In order to resolve the issue, we have to elevate the case to the next level, I will share you few details through a private message. And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link:https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
196 195 35 65
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This sounds like a great program!

I have however never heard of HP publishing a user program on the hp.com website...

While this is being checked internally, here are 2 website where you could upload your program:

https://www.hpcalc.org/ hpcalc.org is THE HP calculator program repository.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/ hpmuseum is more of a forum type site, but it does have SW repository threads. You would post your SW in the SW forum and post a message in the main prime forum to announce it.

Thanks for the good work,

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Layzer Tutor
Tutor
13 9 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and many thanx for the replies!

These sites you posted here I actually had in mind when I wrote about posting my program on the HP website. I just didn't know exactly where and how to ask if a program which does what I've described would be welcomed to receive so I asked in this forum, where I've asked in the past again my questions about programming.

Good to see that you encourage me to share it, which actually confirms what many people who saw it running told me too.

What started partly as a joke and partly as an excersise to mess around and learn the HP programming language ended with a result which seems to be pretty impressive and not worth to be forgotten after I finished studies myself. 

When I solve some very minor thing which concern little issues with exporting results in textbook style etc I'll proceed to upload it.

Thanx again,

Andreas

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation