Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

New to HP Prime

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, new to the forum. i have a beginner question. I want to purchase the HP Prime but after a few days of research in the internet I am confuse with the different firmware versions and different reviews. What is the latest version of HP Prime that I should buy? I checked the common websites that offer the Prime but models and prices are all over the map. They said I have to get the model with firmware version D. Any suggestion where to start? or what to look for to avoid mistakes? Thank you in advance. Luis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,329 180 540
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Luismorana :

Can you please, indicate, what is this model of your calculator and the software versión site.

Check this from … button  ?Help. Next steps … Tree and About HP Prime.

For actualize the Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Emulator, you needed install Connectivity Kit and open this see Help and Update Calculator. But too must have connect with the cable the calculator in your notebook or Desktop computer.

These actualization's you can localize, from … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,329 180 540
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Luismorana :

Can you please, indicate, what is this model of your calculator and the software versión site.

Check this from … button  ?Help. Next steps … Tree and About HP Prime.

For actualize the Firmware, Connectivity Kit and Virtual Emulator, you needed install Connectivity Kit and open this see Help and Update Calculator. But too must have connect with the cable the calculator in your notebook or Desktop computer.

These actualization's you can localize, from … ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/

View solution in original post

FabVir
Level 3
21 17 3 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Luismorana,

The newest hardware is HP Prime G2 2AP18AA HW rev.D, the complete n. 2AP18AA#B1S.

Check this carefully before buying.

Then when you receive it you can update the firmware connecting it with your PC after installing the Connectivity Kit application in the PC.

luismorana
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Make, and thanks for taking the time to answer. I have not purchased the calculator yet. I was trying to find out which is the latest model/version. However, the instructions you gave will definitely help to to update the Prime when I purchase. 

Cheers

Luis

luismorana
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FabVir,

Thanks. Very useful. I will look for the model/version you recommended.

Thanks again. 

Luis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation