Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,all!!!

HP have released a brand new updates for HP Prime's emulator, connectivity kit and firmware.

Resource and download link in : http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/hpmuseum/forum.cgi?read=257514#257514

Thanks for Franz of MoHPC forum for discovering these updates!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The supported method to get updates is to install the connectivity kit which will automatically download updates. Then the connectivity kit can apply the update. 

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
The supported method to get updates is to install the connectivity kit which will automatically download updates. Then the connectivity kit can apply the update. 

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended
Hi!!!
Thanks for tip,Tim...
I have updated the emulator and I see most bugs fixed...
A doubt: how to use the new TRIANGLE command,Tim??? I was impressed about seeing this command...
HP Recommended

Hello,

First, look at the help. shift program ENTER cmds Drawing PixelsUp (select TRIANGLE_P) Help...

TRIANGLE is a VERY complicated function as it takes lots of forms. From just drawing 1 triangle, to drawing multiple ones all the way to drawing multiple rotated and projected ones with Z clipping!

copied here for ease of reading:

Syntax: TRIANGLE_P([G], x1, y1, x2, y2, x3, y3, c1, [c2, c3], [Alpha], ["ZString", z1, z2, z3]) or

TRIANGLE_P([G], {x1, y1, [c1], [z1]}, {x2, y2, [c2], [z2]},{x3, y3, [c3], [z3]}, ["ZString"]) or

TRIANGLE_P([G], [[x/y coordinate matrix]], [[color matrix]], {[[z matrix]], [zcode], [[[projection matrix]]], [zstring]) or TRIANGLE_P([G])

Draws a triangle between specified pixel coordinates in the graphic using the specified color and transparency (0 ≤ Alpha ≤ 255). If 3 colors are specified, blends the colors in between the vertexes.

The next form of TRIANGLE allows display of multiple triangles at a time.
This is mostly used if you have a set of vertices and want to display them all at once.

The first 2 matrices indicate the x/y coordinates and colors of each points. TRIANGLE_P will draw 1 quadrilateral for each set of 4 adjacent vertices and blends the colors associated with the 4 points.
If a z and projection matrix are provided, for each point, this matrix is multiplied by the [x,y,z,1] vector to create the display x,y coordinates.
If zcode is a list that contains 3 real numbers { ex, ey, ez } then x,y are further modified by doing x=ez/z*x-ex and y=ez/z*y-ey creating a perspective projection.
If zstring is provided, z clipping will happen using the z value (see below).
If zcode="N" or is a list that starts with "N", then each z is normalized to be between 0 and 255.

About ZString

TRIANGLE_P([G]) returns a string adapted for z clipping.

To use Z clipping, call TRIANGLE_P to create a Z clipping string (initialized at 255 for each pixels). You can then call TRIANGLE_P with appropriate z (0-255) values for each of the triangle vertexes and TRIANGLE_P will not draw pixels further than the already drawn pixels. ZString is automatically updated as appropriate.

Examples: TRIANGLE_P(0,20,150,50,100,100,#FFh,#FF00h,#FF0000h,128)

As an example of how to use the triangle for 3D graphing do the following.

Make a copy of the Advanced grapher app (used here sollely for it's ability to enter functions of X and Y)...

edit the app program (shift program, up, enter) and replace whatever is there by the following program.

then, exit the app (go to function) and restart it (to start the program). You should end up in the symb view. enter sin(X)*SIN(Y)*5 as V1 and press plot. you can then use the arrows and +/- to move the graph. press ON to exit.

g3D_rotmatrix();
g3D_project();

export xmin3D=-10,xmax3D=10;
export ymin3D=-10,ymax3D=10;
export zmin3D=-10,zmax3D=10;
export grid3D=14,zoom3D=10;
export rotx=0,roty=-15,rotz=10;

Rx,Ry,Rz,Rot;
xc,yc,zc;
Zvals, Points2D, cols;

//----------------------------
view "Edit Function",START()
begin
msgbox("Enter function to plot into V1.");
startview(0,1);
end;

SymbSetup()
begin
msgbox("Use X and Y as the input variables.")
end;

View "Reset Plot Settings" g3D_setdefault()
begin
xmin3D:=-10; xmax3D:=10;
ymin3D:=-10; ymax3D:=10;
zmin3D:=-10; zmax3D:=10;
zoom3D:=10; grid3D:=14;
rotx:=0; roty:=-15; rotz:=10;
xc:=0; yc:=0; zc:=0;
end;

PlotSetup()
begin
input({xmin3D, xmax3D, ymin3D, ymax3D, zmin3D, zmax3D, zoom3D, grid3D, rotx, roty, rotz},
"Graph 3D Window",
{"xMin=","xMax=","yMin=","yMax=","zMin=","zMax=","Zoom=","Grid Size=", "X-Angle=", "Y-Angle=", "Z-Angle="},
{"Enter front side of viewing box","Enter back side of viewing box", "Enter left side of viewing box", "Enter right side of viewing box", "Enter bottom of viewing box", "Enter top of viewing box","Enter the zoom factor","Enter N for an NxN grid", "Enter angle (deg) about the x-axis", "Enter angle (deg) about the y-axis", "Enter angle (deg) about the z-axis"},
{-10,10,-10,10,-10,10,10,14,0,-15,10});

if xmin3D>=xmax3D then
msgbox("Warning: Invalid xmin/xmax!");
xmax3D:=xmin3D+1;
end;
xc:=(xmax3D+xmin3D)/2;

if ymin3D>=ymax3D then
msgbox("Warning: Invalid yMin/yMax!");
ymax3D:=ymin3D+1;
end;
yc:=(ymax3D+ymin3D)/2;

if zmin3D>=zmax3D then
msgbox("Warning: Invalid zMin/zMax!");
zmax3D:=zmin3D+1;
end;
zc:=(zmax3D+zmin3D)/2;

if zoom3D<1 then
msgbox("Warning: zoom must be > 0; reset to 10");
zoom3D:=10;
end;

if grid3D<1 then
msgbox("Warning: grid size must be > 0; reset to 14");
grid3D:= 14;
end;
cols:= makemat(RGB(I/(grid3D+1)*255,0,J/(grid3D+1)*255),grid3D+1,grid3D+1);
end;

Plot()
begin
local key;

cols:= makemat(RGB(I/(grid3D+1)*255,0,J/(grid3D+1)*255),grid3D+1,grid3D+1);

local dx= (xmax3D-xmin3D)/grid3D,dy= (ymax3D-ymin3D)/grid3D;
local xm:= xmin3D-dx, ym:= ymin3D-dy;
Zvals:=MAKEMAT(V1(xm+I*dx, ym+J*dy), grid3D+1, grid3D+1).-zc;
Points2D:=MAKEMAT((xm+I*dx,ym+J*dy), grid3D+1, grid3D+1);

g3D_rotmatrix;
g3D_project();
while 1 do
key:=WAIT();
repeat
if key==2 then roty:=roty+5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==12 then roty:=roty-5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==7 then rotz:=rotz+5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==8 then rotz:=rotz-5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==1 then rotx:=rotx+5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==3 then rotx:=rotx-5; g3D_rotmatrix; g3D_project(); end;
if key==45 then zoom3D:=zoom3D/1.05; g3D_project(); end;
if key==50 then zoom3D:=zoom3D*1.05; g3D_project(); end;
if key==-1 then break 2; end;
until NOT IsKeyDown(key);
end;
end;

g3D_rotmatrix()
begin
A:=rotx*PI/180; B:=roty*PI/180; C:=rotz*PI/180;
Rx:=[[1.,0.,0.],[0.,COS(A),-SIN(A)],[0.,SIN(A),COS(A)]];
Ry:=[[COS(B),0.,-SIN(B)],[0.,1.,0.],[SIN(B),0.,COS(B)]];
Rz:=[[COS(C),-SIN(C),0.],[SIN(C),COS(C),0.],[0.,0.,1.]];
Rot:=Rx*Ry*Rz;
Rot(3,4):= -xmin3D+zc+10;
end;

// g3D_project
g3D_project()
begin
dimgrob_p(G1,320,240);
local zs= TRIANGLE(); // Get z clipping
triangle_p(G1, Points2D, cols, Zvals, { "N", -160, -120, (xmax3D-zc+5)*zoom3D }, Rot, zs);
blit_p(G0,G1);
end;

cyrille

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I went through all of the procedure for doing the update, including download and installation of the connectivity software, update of the connectivity software, and connecting my HP Prime.   The connectivity program immediately recognized the device.  But when I attempted the update, I got error 105.    I repeated the procedure on all of the USB ports on my computer with the same result.

I then set the computer aside (a very fast and capable ASUS large screen laptop), and switched to the Dell shailbook that I carry with me everywhere.   Installation of the connectivity kit and update of the Prime internal software proceeded seamlessly.   

So, for those that are having problems, try switching to a different computer.   That is what worked for me.

HP Recommended

I was getting the failure to update on my Win7 x64 box. The issue I had was that when you say yes you want to update, the calculator is put in recovery mode and for some reason Windows then needed to reload the drivers for that mode even though it loaded completely in past upgrade attempts (Yep Windows...or maybe HPs driver). So what was happening is that by the time windows loaded the necessary drivers, the downloader in the connectivity app already time out and gave up trying. So what I did was:

1. Reset the calculator with the paper clip so it was back at the home screen
2. Re-ran the connectivity tool
3. The connectivity tool pops up the message box saying do you want to update the calculator. DO NOT press the button to start the update, first you need to do the next steps
4. While holding down the Symb key, use the paper clip to press the reset button again. This should put the calculator into recovery mode.
5. Now you need to wait until windows finishes loading both update drivers (one is update Prime the other is update USB storage I believe). It can take 5 minutes.
6. Once both drivers are installed by windows you can then press the button in the connectivity app to start the update process. Worked like a champ.

Hope that works for you too (and everyone else that has had this issue)!

HP Recommended

For some odd reason, the link leads me to a message number not found page. Has the update been moved?

--LB

HP Recommended

@LeopoldBloom wrote:

For some odd reason, the link leads me to a message number not found page. Has the update been moved?

--LB

Simpler solution: just run the Connectivity Kit. It knows where to download updates from, and it can update itself, the emulator, and the firmware if you tell it to.

-Joe-
HP Recommended

I'd forgotten how tricky this is on a Mac, Joe. The problem is that the Connectivity Kit, after downloading the Zip file, sets the calculator to receive the update, which disconnects the Prime from the Windows emulator. By the time it is re-recognised by the MAC OS X and reconnected, the Connectivity Kit has lost 'patience'.

So, it was possible eventually to find the unzipped file and use the USB Tool to do the firmware update -- after a lot of searching to locate the needed files. It might be useful to let MAC folk following this forum know where the Connectivity Tool normally downloads files. As one who has not used Windows except for updating HP calculators, this was a several-hour process.

But thank you very much for the pointer to use the Connectivity Kit!

--Leopold Bloom

HP Recommended

Leopold: Good idea.  Where did you find them?

-Joe-
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.