Did you mean: 
RJBrownley
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Not Happy with 50G Calculator Problem Resolution

HP Recommended
50G Calculator

Bought a 50G calculator almost 2 years ago to replace my 48G (which I loved and used for over what had to be 20 years). After buying the 50G, noticed that the number 3 button would not always work, so I called HP support and was told that they would send me out a replacement. The problem is, the new one has been on back order all this time which is unaccepable. I am an engineer and use this calculator every day, but is a pain because of the 3 key. Has anyone else had this problem with the 50G being on back order this long?

5 REPLIES 5
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,386 180 540
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @RJBrownley:

Check your keyboard with HP50G Self Test, from ... http://www.rskey.org/~mwsebastian/selftest/hp_test.htm#hp50g

Note: You can the HP50G Emulator, for use in notebook, PC, tablet, etc ... with OS Windows, Apple, Android.

If needed one, write.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

The 50G was discontinued several years back and I'm guessing a support system still thinks it is in production or something. I cannot post a direct email, but I've sent a private message with an email for someone who may be able to assist you immediately since they are the ones directly in charge of managing the calculator support. Send them a direct email and you will most get the problem resolved immediately.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
RJBrownley
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks with the help, but no luck.

Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Send a message to the email I sent you as a private message through the forum system and you will "have some luck". 🙂

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
RJBrownley
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Tim, I did send an email.

Thanks again for the help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation