Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

PC USB transfer hp 48gii graphing calculator

HP Recommended
hp 48gII
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I want to transfer some files to my hp 48gII. I have done it before by using the Conn4x Connectivity Kit, but i can´t remember the step by step guidance so as to successfully do it.

By doing what it says there (conect the calculador by USB, then RightShift and RightArrow it does not recognize it. Furthermore, when unplagged it displays a message "Awaiting for command" instead of Xserver.

How can I solve this problem and make the PC recognize the device so as to make the transfer? 
I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Method #1: Release the right-shift key before pressing the right-arrow key.  Holding down the shift key while pressing the right-arrow key executes the SERVER command, which is not what you want. Releasing the shift key first will execute the XSERV command, which is what you do want.

Method #2: Execute the XSERV command directly.  Ways of doing this include typing it in ALPHA, or selecting it from CAT, or executing 2219.19 MENU and then pressing the XSERV menu key (F3).

Needless to say, make sure your calculator is set to use USB (flags -33 and -78 must be clear).

Hope that helps!  Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I'm just another happy HP calculator user.

-Joe-
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

My best guess, looking at the tags on your posts is that it is not working because you are using a 64 bit windows...

the HP 48 requires drivers to be recognized by window, but this >10 year old product does not have 64 bit drivers (as far as I know)... Which means that it can not connect to a 64 bit windows system...

The only option would be to use a 32 bit virtual machine or an older 32 bit computer.

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
RodryG
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn´t know i have to release the R/S button before pressing the right-arrow key. 

Thank you for your response! 

0 Kudos
RodryG
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Though it sound a bit strange to me it doesn´t work in a 64 bit windows, since the last time i use it it did work in my computer, you may be right. Additionally, it may be caused by the windows edition (now windows 10, before windows 7).

Nevertheless, i follow your suggestion and it works! I found and old 32 bit windows with windows 7 and manage to recognize both my 48gII and 50g calculators perfectly.

Thank you very much for your response!

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation