Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prime
Other

50g RPN still stronger than primes.

Thrilled to see the recent update hoping that it would address the RPN issues with the Prime.  I still find myself using my 50g everyday due to its higher functionality.  Its great that it is extremely fast and the touch screen is excellent for 3d plotting and other things. But it the RPN mode is non cas,  not to mention watered down. 

My question is, when will the prime recieve an RPN update to put it on par with 50g's and older calcs functionality.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Not sure you're going to see much RPN anymore.  With textbook entry, pretty print, or whatever you want to call it, the ability to enter equations just as you write them seems to be where things are headed.  I'm an RPN fan, have used RPN for thirty years, but I think that it's time has passed.  I think users today would rather operate with the textbook entry rather than have to learn RPN.  

HP Recommended

And to be clear, "higher functionality" is far and above favoring the Prime at this point over the 50g. It is far, far more capable from a mathematical standpoint, hardware, speed, etc.

Now if you have something like RPN, or low level programming as your main requirement, then yes th 50g could be considered "higher functionality"... lets just not kid ourselves here.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

Tim Wessman said what I was trying to say, in a much better way.  I have a 50G and I'll use it until it dies but I have the Prime also.  The 50G is a fine, powerful machine, but the notion that the Prime is a step-down is false.  It has far more capability.  Think on this, the 50G, fine as it is, is frozen in time.  The last update to the Prime added an immense amount of new functionality and fixed the bugs.  To me, it's the end result that matters, more so than the path to it.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.