Did you mean: 
AZ2018
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Problem with HP 12 C

HP Recommended

My HP 12C calculator is brand new.  When I put in 240000 and press PV - it just goes blank - as if it turns itself off.   It gets off with similar use of i and n buttons. Then when I turn it back on - it says PR Error.  I have done a f Clear Reg and f Clear FIN.  It seems to need to warm up or something before it starts working correctly.  If it were low on batteries, there should be an asterisk showing that it is low on batteries... correct?  What could be wrong?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
David_M
Level 6
140 139 29 60
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The low battery indicator isn't reliable on the newer 12c.  Your description is very indicative of what happens when the batteries are low, so that's the first thing I'd assume.  It's also quite possible that the unit you purchased had been "on the shelf" long enough that the batteries it came with are already low due to self-discharge.

Purchase some new brand-name batteries for your unit and let us know if that takes care of it!

0 Kudos
AZ2018
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! It has helped.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation