2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Problems with fsolve

HP Recommended
HP Prime
Other

Hi everyone,

i was trying to solve this formula but my calculator doesn't not work as always. It appears 'fsolve' and I don't know how to solve it. Can you help me and explain me what this 'fsolve' is?

ps: I had Hp prime app on my computer and it can solve the formula. The problem is just on my calculator.WhatsApp Image 2020-04-25 at 09.33.02.jpeg

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Joe_Horn
Level 8
624 611 118 208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CAS is optimized for EXACT math, but including decimal points always throws CAS into approximate mode.  So I suggest keying your input exactly, without using any decimal points.  This returns the exact solution, which you can easily approximate if you wish by pressing the [a b/c] key, as shown in the following screen capture.

solve

-Joe-
0 Kudos
Ciucciuwaa
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recently have done the upgrade and before that, it never happend. I wrote the equation without any attention for decimals. there is a way to turn back at this way to write equations? 

thank you so much for your help, now I understand the problem! 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation