Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Reporting bug, interaction Spreadsheet with programs

HP Recommended
HP Prime

To begin with: I have firmware version 2015 7 28 (8151) and cannot update it further because I have only the Android app.

When I write a program with the instruction, for instance:

Spreadsheet.Cell(2,5):=3.7

It works fine, and these kind of instructions van be very useful when you want to output a large amount of data.

But when the Spreadsheet is at the background when I run the program it does not work.

Cell(2,5):=3.7 does not work either, nor C3:=3.7 or Spreadsheet.C3 :=3.7

Another thing which does not work with the Spreadsheet at background is starting an app.

So STARTAPP("Function") does not work in this case.

Not a major bug, but sometimes this can be annoying.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What exactly do you mean by "when the Spreadsheet is at the background "?

Do you mean the spreadsheet is running and you are looking at it? Do you mean another application is open?

In both cases this works properly for me using this program and i see 3.7 added into that cell:

EXPORT testSpred()
BEGIN
  Spreadsheet.Cell(2,5):=3.7;
END;

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
Jan_D
Author
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probably  it would be better to speak of active app instead of app at the background.

I am not actually looking at the Spreadsheet because I am in Homeview when I press the Enter key to execute the program.

But at the upper blue bar of the screen it shows: Spreadsheet.

So Spreadsheet was the last app I visited, and after that I returned to Homeview to execute the program.

In this case the mentioned problems arise.

My program is the same as yours.

0 Kudos
Jan_D
Author
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tim_Wessman wrote:

......In both cases this works properly for me using this program and i see 3.7 added into that cell:.......

Hello Tim.

Do I understand you well that in the situation I described 3.7 is added into the cell?

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 187
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see 3.7 added into the cell no matter where or what I try. Note that I did not specifically test on the release android version.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Tags (1)
Jan_D
Author
Level 6
305 297 32 76
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then I conclude that these problems are due to the fact that I have an out of date version of the firmware.

I am glad to see that it is still being worked on.

Of course less glad that the app has not been updated since October 2015.

I will consider the problem as being solved, though it has not been solved on my app.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation