Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

SOLVE and FSOLVE returning empty brackets

HP Recommended
HP Prime
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi, I created a program based on polynomials. Initially whenever I used solve the CAS would throw out a series of solutions. All well here. i am trying to do a demo with a few colleagues and all the sudden I start getting empty brackets instead of values for the exact same problem.

I was thinking it could be my calculator was in exam mode but it was not the case. 

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Ciro_Bruno
Level 4
138 122 6 17
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Would you share your program for us to check it?

Have you checked whether you're trying to run a CAS function in a HOME mode (standard) program?

Regards,

Ciro.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 188
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is your program in a source file from the program catalog?   

If so, type or run the command  "restart()" in the CAS screen. That will wipe all cas variables and set defaults. Then open your program source file again, and then close it.. Try your program again. Hopefully that will resolve it.

I'd recommend you post it here though, there is probably an issue in your program  or it leaves some variables around that can mess things up.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Maké
Level 9
3,551 3,458 180 540
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @NomadVehr :

Could you write the example, of the polynomial program ?.

It would be very important to help you solve it.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation