Did you mean: 
aresm
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Shift+List and Shift+Matrix crash

HP Recommended
HP Prime

I just got the HP Prime, and after doing a firmware update, I can’t press the combination «shift+matrix» or «shift+List», without the Prime rebooting instantly. 
I tried to reset my device, but it did not help. I also reinstalled the firmware, but no luck there either.

It is very annoying, and I can’t figure out whats going on.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
cyrille
Level 6
Level 6
252 251 42 77
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

This is very weired, and I have not clue what specifically might cause it...

My best guess is that the List and Matrix files are broken...

Try doing the following:

L1:={}; L2:={}; L3:={}; L4:={}; etc up to L0.

Same for M1:=[[0]] to M0:=[[0]]

Then, turn the calculator OFF and then ON. This will save the new (empty) lists and matrix to flash.

Then, try pressing shift list and shift matrix...

Cyrille

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
aresm
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Before you replied, I tried reset the prime again, and updated the firmware again. Then the list and matrix worked, but instead it it started rebooting whenever I tried to start making a new program. Every time I «check syntax» it rebooted. Also my HP Connectivity kit software on the pc crashed every time I cliked on the calculator icon.

So I uninstalled HP connectivity software from my pc, reset my Prime again, and reinstaled the software on my pc, re-installed the firmware update. Now, it seems to work. But I still have not tried accessing the calculator from the pc-software (purely out of fear for failure), so I do not know if that works yet. 

BTW, by reset I mean factory reset (FCO-buttons) via the BIOS and reformatting memory.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation