Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Switching from HP 39gs to HP Prime Graphic Calculator

HP Prime Graphic Calculator

dear all,

actually i'm using HP 39gs Graphic Calculator, but i would switch to HP Prime Graphic Calculator. Both of them are programmable calculators (it means that i did some routines to resolve typical engineering problems). Some of you can tell me if programs developed for HP 39gs can be transferred to Prime Graphic Calculator without any change?

thanks

Nicola

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 537
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @FreeStyle1971 :

There is no compatibility between them in programming and it is not possible to migrate any data.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you Makè

and can you say me which is the program language used by HP Prime Graphic Calculator to develop internal routines

tnx

Nicola

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,551 3,490 180 537
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!, @Freestyle1971 :

It is a language based on PASCAL, although it has differences in internal commands and programming.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Level 9
970 953 119 185
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Prime programming language has similarities with that of the 39gs (the Prime evolved from the 39/40 series), however as the functionality has vastly expanded from the 39gs to the Prime the programming language also has evolved somewhat.

For example there are more functions, there is CAS and some functions have changed (e.g. may have more inputs).

So you will probably have to adapt the programs from the 39gs somewhat to work on the Prime - but if you are proficient in programming the 39gs then you should be able to adapt to the Prime programming language.

You can learn a lot about the Prime here:

https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-5.html

Regards.

-Bart
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation