Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

System RPL begginers problems !!

HP Recommended
HP 50g

Dear HP Community , 

I want to write a simple System RPL programme which calculates a area of circle , from Eduardo M Kalinowski and

Carsten Dominik book and I don't know how to correctly do it , because this is a first time when I'm actualy using System RPL ...

So program is something like that

!NO CODE
!RPL
::
CK1NOLASTWD
CK&DISPATCH1
BINT1
:: 
%2
      %^
      %PI
      %*
    ;
  ;
@

and when i typed ASM , and turn ON flag 85 SysRPL stk disp (checked) , and turn OFF 92 MASD asm mode (non-checked), I have some kind of error , I don't know why.

I also googled ant notice that i must have some type of library , as example let i use Library ... 

Library 1790: Emacs 2.10 CD&Pivo , and i Don't know what with that.

I just get these i HP Emulator ...

but file get a 10 kB , just few words in it.

I don't know how to compiled this ...

I looked every on the internet but ... these i get only ... i don't know how to use these types of compiler like MASD or whatever ...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/Problem-compiling-system-RPL/td-p/6210162

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators/HP50G-Create-Library/td-p/5834244

If anyone can solve problem , I will be very glad to him/her ...

Thanks .

ASM typing ...ASM typing ...Source code in HPUserEditSource code in HPUserEditWhen i typed ASM i get these type of error , and I don't know whyWhen i typed ASM i get these type of error , and I don't know whyI checked first what is going to be ...I checked first what is going to be ...First part of programeFirst part of programesecond part of programesecond part of programe 

I just want to compile these program i saw the numbers behind him , thats all :Crying:

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When I set flag -92 (MASD SysRPL mode), and omit your first two lines (!NO CODE and !RPL), then ASM assembles your source code into a program object successfully.

Using ASM to assemble System RPL requires that the "extable" library is installed.  If you haven't done that, copy "extable2.lib" (from the Emacs package which you already have) into your HP 50g, then move it to Port 1.  Then you should be able to use ASM to assemble source code successfully.

Hope that helps! If not, just holler.

Disclaimer: I don't work for HP. I just play with their programmable calculators an awful lot.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
JKova
Author
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes thank you college very much ,

but I have also one more question , or maybe more than one , How Can I find that "extable2.lib" library in my HP 50g and copy them and after that move it to Port 1. I don't know how to do it , I already watch some kind of stuff on the Internet and all I find is some kind of emacs , i will show you on the picture below .

I realy don't know and this is some kind of extable lib , but I dont have , as you write ,  extable2.lib into my HP 50g .

I read a lot but I don't know how many things in this folder I need to download ... in the picture below ..

EMACS.png

A also tried "extable2.lib" but its have about 109 KB , and when i want to copy and paste that libarary into my calculator it's seems that i don have much space for that ... i use 45  KB in Home folder , my FLASH is 671 KB and , ERAM is 127 KB , IRAM is 45 KB , an I also have an SD card inserted in it and have a 735648 KB of memory ...

and also i wanted to know why when i import that extable2.lib into my calc , get just one line of total code ...

one line just of code ?! , and 120 KB ? How !!one line just of code ?! , and 120 KB ? How !!

Pardon is not 120 KB , it is 109 KB .

But when I used L1789 ( File extension ) , i get also one line of code , notice that  word under @ serve like explanation ..

LDOC.png

I also get two ( one ) lines ( line )

These File is in this map ...

EMACS2.png

and I also read a little bit the INSTALL and README , but I don't understand what i exactly supposed to do when i have HP 50g , what files and folders must I install .

INSTALL.pngREADME.png

this is countinued version of README

README continueREADME continue

end let You remind for memory of Calculator in my HP 50g graphing calculator ....

All statistics of my memory in HP 50gAll statistics of my memory in HP 50g

And when I want to copy this ...

EXTABLE2.LIB in black rectangleEXTABLE2.LIB in black rectangle

On my home folder i get ... 

this ..

Error: Insufficient memoryError: Insufficient memory

I don't know why because i think I supposed to use 1 MB of memory , or ?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok let me make a conclusion ( or not ) ..

I want to know two things

First : How many memory it allow to use in my HP 50g

Second : What I'm excactly supposed to do when I'm going to download that extable2.lib or anything else to work my System RPL program properly in caluclator HP 50g...

Thats all because I realy want to make any progress in this programming but in this situation when I'm first time using this I cannot do anything because I don't have "right equipment" and If you had please send me a messege with all stuff,I will be very greatefull to you , because I'm  very desperate in this sitaution I'm into .

:Crying:

That s all , thanks and goodby !!

0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your photo of Home's contents in the Filer (the photo whose caption is "EXTABLE2.LIB in black rectangle") reveals that you already have succeeded in copying the Extable2 library to your 50g, but it's still in Home and must be moved to Port 1 to work.  So just go to that Filer screen, make sure that Extable2 is highlighted (in a black rectangle), and then press the [MOVE] soft key, then the [1] key.  That will copy it to Port 1 and delete it from Home, which is exactly what needs to happen.  After that, ASM should work as described above.  And it'll free up the RAM space currently being wasted by Extable2 in Home.

You ask why the Extable library is needed.  It's because that's where all the names of System RPL commands are stored.  The 50g without Extable installed has no idea what "CK&DISPATCH1" means, but the Extable library contains a huge lookup table of all the names of the supported System RPL commands and their ROM addresses, including "CK&DISPATCH1" and its ROM address (#26328h).  The ASM command translates the System RPL commands in your source code into ROM addresses.  It needs the Extable library to do that.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
JKova
Author
Level 4
138 92 2 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes , but my Extable2.Lib Is not in Home folder is on my external memory , as example , my SD Card , when I'm triying to copy that into Home folder it seems like some type of error .
I get error "Insufficient memory" , so I don't know really what I supossed to do .
Because this Library is to large and I don't have any part of them in Home folder because error occurs .

But thank you a lot my college for that explanation you give me , I don't know what I supposed to say , I will somehow get rid of these problems ,

Thank you a lot !! 😃
0 Kudos
Joe_Horn
Level 8
622 609 117 207
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ah, I thought that photo was showing Home memory, not Port 3.  If pressing [MOVE] [1] doesn't copy it from Port 3 to Port 1 (where it has to be to work correctly), then you'll have to free up more memory in Home to make the copy possible.  You can do this by cleaning up Home.  Delete what you don't need any more, and move to Port memory what you might need later.  When you have enough free memory in Home, you'll be able to move Extable to Port 1.

EDIT: Try [MOVE] [2] instead of [MOVE] [1].  The Extable library also works in Port 2 (I was incorrect saying that it had to be in Port 1).  It looks like you have more free space in Port 2 than in Port 1.

-Joe-
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation