DStringent Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Trying to get information on timing for the HP12C iOS app update

Hi All, Just interested in learning when HP will update their HP12C iOS financial calculator app.  Anything?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
708 700 110 163
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello,

The 12C application was updated already. However...

The 12C application did have 2 versions.  This was due to a technical problem in the very early version that was in the Apple app store. We were unable to ever update the first application due to a change in  Apple's app store backend, so Apple told HP to  sumbit a new version to the store.

One week ago, after working with Apple for over a month we were finally able to update that original version after the did some tehcnical things in the store for us. We then updated the ORIGINAL application and renamed it to HP 12C Legacy (and raised the price to something ridiculous so nobody new would buy it and instead find the currentl 12C application)

Both official HP 12C apps have now been updated! You should be able to get  your update if you check for updates through the app store on your iOS device.

HOWEVER -  there are many people who though they were purchasing the official HP one. They bought something called 12C Lite, 12C Financial Calcualtor, HP12Pro or many other variants. There were many, many counterfeit HP 12C apps in the early part of the app store. Most of those have since been abandonded or removed.

If  you DO feel like you purchased the correct, official HP unit, you should now have your update. If you don't, you'll need to verify with apple that you DID purchase either of those two and in your current account.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Garye1 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

NOT SOLVED,,, I have had the HP12C app on my Samsung S8 for some time. It worked perfectly until the recent Android version 9 update. Now the keys don't work properly. Press 2 and you get 1. Everytime you press a button the previous button highlights. It is completely useless now. I updatethe HP12 C platinum app , same result.

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,741 3,445 175 526
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @Garye1 :

Try, with any of this Apk ... https://android-apk.org/com.hp.hp12c/

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Garye1 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your prompt reply. That link refers to a version 1.6.5. I already have 1.7.1. Are you saying that the earlier version will work?

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,741 3,445 175 526
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!, @Garye1 :

I'm not sure if run correctly, but you can try, with this previous version.

I don't have any Samsung smartphone. I have old HP smartphone HP iPAQ 910c.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
0 Kudos
Garye1 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately neither version works since they updated the backend of the Samsung S8 to version 9. I installed both versions again. Hopefully HP will wake up and provide an update.  Cheers

0 Kudos
Garye1 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

NOT SOLVED,,, I have had the HP12C app on my Samsung S8 for some time. It worked perfectly until the recent Android version 9 update. Now the keys don't work properly. Press 2 and you get 1. Everytime you press a button the previous button highlights. It is completely useless now. I updatethe HP12 C platinum app , same result.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
975 952 118 182
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Please start a new thread.

- The original problem in this thread was solved.

- Your problem is on a different operating system (original problem was on Apple iOS, your problem is on Google Android).

-Bart
Garye1 Tutor
Tutor
9 6 0 2
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I solved the problem and deleted the HP12C app and now use the Touch Palladium app which uses the HP12C format . It works well and I think a far better app.  It is like the HP12C app but with more features and cheaper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation