ESpin
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Unable to update purchased HP 12C App

HP Recommended
HP 12C
iOS

Few years ago I purchased the HP 12C App (Version 1.0) in Apple Store and now I'm receiveng some messages warning that this app will stop working with next IOS version (11). When I try to update the app, this option is not available, but I see that there is another version (2.0) of the same app in the store, but I should buy it again. Could someone help me to update my App? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

That is most likely not an updated version from HP, but rather a clone or anauthorized copy.

We are currently working on the final version of an updated 12C and 15C application for ios11. If you did buy from HP originally, the update will automatically be downloaded when available.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
ESpin
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for you reply. 

It is an HP Inc. app, so, my expectation was to be able to upgrade to the new version when it was available. The point is that I am not able to upgrade to version 2.0 (available now for IOS 10) and I don't understand why.

If the current version is 2.0, there was a version 1.0 from HP Inc.,  right? This is the version that I have.

I don't think is right to be forced to purchase the app again to get the version 2.0. It make sense?

Thanks again!

Regards,

Eurico

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please link to the v2.0 you are citing so I can look at it. Else I can't say what it is. Note that if you purchased a non-HP one in the first place (I've seen many people who thought they did that but actually purchased a counterfeit one later removed from the store) there is no way for us to upgrade you to the correct one.

Every person I know of that purchased the real HP, Inc that was released originally back with ios3 or whenever it came out has seamlessly upgraded to the current one.

The official HP one has NOT been released yet. If you purchased the real one, it will upgrade when availiable.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
0 Kudos
ESpin
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for your support.

I have installed the v1.0 and there is no link for this version anymore in Apple Store. Follow the link for v2.0. I'm trying to upgrade to.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/hewlett-packard-12c-financial-calculator/id503641946?mt=8

Follow also, the receipt info from Apple when I bought the App (v1.0) in 08/19/2011 (Order Number MGT4GW66JB)

HP 12C Financial Calculator, v1.0, Seller: Hewlett Packard (4+)
Write a Review Report a Problem Hewlett Packard App $14.99

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Eurico

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

That does appear to be the same version to me as well. That does not necessarily mean it is the same application and app as text could be copied (which some of the old counterfeit ones did for sure). I do know that there has only ever been 1 official version of the 12C appication and the internal "id" of the app did not ever change. That is the only way to my knowledge it would count as different applications.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to do anything to help with this as it appears to be a purely app store thing on Apple's side. If the applications really are identical, they might be able to do something. Since we don't have any control of what might be impacting the store and your itunes account though, you will need to try and contact Apple to see if they can do anything.

TW

0 Kudos
ESpin
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Tim, 

I understand your point, but I would like to understand how someone used the name Hewlett Packard (Appears as HP Inc. in Itunes Purchase History) as the seller for the App I've bought.

I already talked with Apple Support and They told me that sellers are the same (Hewlett Packard) and the only difference is the version (v1.0 vs v2.0). The version 1.0 is not available anymore and there is only the version 2.0. So, if the App Internal Id is different or not is something that the customer (me) doesn't have control, right? 

The fact is that I bought an App from Hewlett Packard and there is a new version for the same App (Same name from the same Seller) and to get this version I need to buy again.

I appreciate your time and help, and I understand this is only a forum and you are posting only your personal opinion. Thanks for that.

As a person from HP Calculator Group, could please tell me what is the official way to create a support ticket to solve my problem at HP?

Thank you again.

Eurico

0 Kudos
Tim_Wessman
Level 8
Level 8
747 744 121 185
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please send me a private message through this system with your email and I will pass it the person in charge of the apps. If there is any possibility to do anything, they will be the one who might be able to help.

TW

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation